||31||

"Now that you've all chosen your hero names, we can go back to talking about your upcoming internships," Aizawa started, "they'll last for one week, as for who you'll be working with... Those of you who were on the board will choose from amongst your offers, everyone else will have a different life. You have a lot to think about, there are around 40 agencies around the country who've agreed to take on interns from your class. Each agency has a different speciality that it focuses on. Keep that in mind."

I wonder if I can get All for One to make a fake agency or something...

"Imagine that you are thirteen, you'd want to choose a place that focuses on rescuing people and not fighting villains, understand?" Midnight elaborated.

"Think carefully before you decide," Aizawa told us before passing out our lists, "turn in your choices before the weekend."

I looked at the piece of paper that was laid out in front of me.

"We've only got two days?!" Kirishima exclaimed.

"Yeah, so you should start now, you're dismissed," Aizawa replied before he and Midnight left the room.

I slumped in my seat and sighed. Internships, hm?

What do I do now..?

Text them or...

Izuku dropped in front of me with a smile.

...Not...

"Where are you going to go?" he asked me cheerfully.

"Don't know," I shrugged, "haven't decided yet."

"Shadows' agency is on there. Why don't you go there?" he suggested, I looked down at the sheet and to the name he had his finger on.

And spend time with the number one suspicious guy? Sounds risky... I'm in.

"You know what, Izuku," I looked to him, "maybe I will."

Izuku smiled and nodded before something hit him.

"My mum would like to know if you'd like to have dinner with us?" he asked me. I smiled.

"I can't tonight, going to see Shad," I replied.

"Maybe another time then," he got up, "anyway I'm going to get my lunch, coming?"

"Nah, I think I'm going to go see Shadows," I grinned, he smiled and nodded before walking away.

I reached the staff room and knocked on the door before entering and walking over to where Shadows was sat.

"I'd like to go to your agency," I told him, he looked at me with wide eyes.

"Why would you want to do that?" he asked me with a skeptic look.

"Because despite how much you really don't trust me or my brother, I know that you can help me. You can teach me more," I replied honestly, he seemed to frown for a few moments before nodding and signing the form.

"Then I guess I'll go back to being a street hero for the internship phase," he concluded, I smiled and nodded before turning to Aizawa and giving him my sheet.

"Good choice," he nodded, "Shadows' agency is good for people with your kind of quirk, so you know which agency Shad would want to go to?"

"The same as me," I replied, "there's a hero in that agency with a quirk similar to his, he really looks up to her."

"Oh yeah, that asshat Praedictionem, thought she was smart naming herself in Latin. Its just a mouthful and annoying," Shadows chimed in, showing his clear distaste, "but she can help him a lot."

"Alright, I'll sign him down for it then," Aizawa nodded, "do you know when he'll be back?"

"Probably the day of the first internship," I replied, "don't worry, I'll fill him in. I'm visiting him tonight."

"Alright thanks, l/n," Aizawa then turned away from me, indicating that this conversation was over.

°☕°

"Hi, Shad," I waved as I entered Shad's room.

"Hey," he smiled and sat up.

"Kirishima was here, huh?" I asked, he looked at me panicked, "I saw him on my in. You must be doing better if they're letting you see people who aren't me."

"Yeah," he nodded, "what'd I miss?"

"Just an internship thing," I replied with a shrug, "Don't worry, we're both going to Shadows' agency, I've organised you work under Praedictionem it'll help with your quirk."

"Much appreciated," Shad nodded before sighing, "I should be let out soon, to be honest, I'm super bored. But now you're here, we really need to talk."

"Yes we do," I nodded.

"You're getting too attached to Midoriya," he said quickly.

"You are getting too attached to Kirishima and... The Bakusquad as well," I added on.

"We're becoming weak," Shad frowned and looked down.

"It's UA, we need to get out," I replied with a sigh, "it's...tainting us... I can't be the only one here that wants to ignore everything All for One wants us to do and just--"

"Protect them all," Shad nodded, "me too. You're not the only one. It's conflicting, I've never felt this feeling before."

"Especially when I saw Argent with Ymira," I looked away sadly, "we need to get away from here. And soon."

"Yeah," he nodded, "but if we voice our concerns to All for One, what will he do to us?"

"Hopefully something to break us out our false sense of hope again."