~9 || Wished reality

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*D-8 before the return*

-Heesun's POV-

Another day crossed on the calendar this morning; it was expected for you to feel tense at this point since the day of the return was coming closer and closer per day. You were excited and terrified at the same time; you wonder how things changed after the last time you went there. Actually. You want to see how everything is like when you go back, still, you get the fear of something bad happening once again.

Either way, these last few days had been going pretty well; you finished the projects with Younghyun and met all the band which was a huge moment for you, then Alia helped you out to finish a choreography and also, you are enjoying your time with your friends and Jinyoung more than before. Currently, you are with them in a photo shoot they are doing for the new project they have ongoing.

Jinyoung is taking his pictures at the moment while you are watching him happily. Suddenly, your phone buzzed so you looked at the screen and saw the message from Yoomin. Immediately, you unlocked it and checked the text she sent.

- "This is an emergency! You need to come here to my lab; I need to talk to you immediately about what's going to happen in 8 days from now" - Yoomin.

Anxiously you replied with an "okay, on my way" before putting your phone inside your pocket. You glanced at Jinyoung once before shaking your head slightly and turning around to go away from there, suddenly, Mark and Jackson approached you.

-Where are you going? – Mark asked.

-Aren't you staying? – Jackson questioned.

-I'd love to but I have to go – You said concerned.

-Is it because of that stupid dream? Heesun, I thought you were over that shit already – Mark said upset.

-Sun, at least stay for Jinyoung. Then, you'll be free to go – Jackson told.

-I can't, it's very important for me to go now – You insisted.

-You are hurting him this way – Mark scolded.

-She is but we can't leave her alone, Mark – Jackson stated.

Out of nowhere, Jinyoung came closer and looked at you confused.

-What's going on here? – Jinyoung asked seriously.

-Hyung, I thought you were doing your photoshoot – Jackson said surprised.

-I finished. It's JB's turn – He told before glancing at you. -I heard you were going out.

-I-I am – You stuttered.

-She wants to see something about the Linking Dreams – Jackson revealed.

-Heesun, is that true? – Jinyoung questioned, which you nodded for. -Why? – He asked confused.

-It's important and it needs to be now – You told.

-Unbelievable – Mark sighed.

-So, you don't care about our last argument, huh? Do you think I'm joking when I tell you to stop caring about those dreams? – He questioned upset.

-Jinyoung, god! You had a nightmare yesterday; you were in bad shape, sweating and crying. I can't see you like that anymore! – You said upset while closing your fists tightly.

The three of them stood in silence but Jinyoung stared at you very upset.

-I told you I can handle it, didn't I? But I see that you don't listen when I talk to you about this matter, so, do what you please – Jinyoung said bitterly before walking away.

-Young! – Jackson followed him.

You sighed as you tried to let your tears stay in, then you felt a slight touch against your shoulder.

-We all care about you and what he's afraid of it's what we all fear; if you don't come back everybody will suffer but Jinyoung is going to be the most affected – Mark spoke. -I'm not stopping you to go but to make wiser decisions from now on – He kissed your head before walking away from you.

You stood there in silence and then saw BamBam approaching you.

-I heard everything – He sighed.

-What do you think? Are you mad with me too? – You questioned sadly.

-I am worried. I won't get upset, because I know that at this point the decisions you'll take are going to be just yours, yet, I want you to stay safe – BamBam smiled before holding your hand. -If what you said was true; that I had those dreams along with you inside your Linking Dream. When times get rough, I want you to think about the things I would do to get out of trouble, alright? Because this time I won't be there – BamBam said concerned before hugging you.

-I will. I sure will – You nodded before he let you go, then you walked out of the studio.

*Hours later*

"Daydreams are worst than Linking Dreams. They show the imaginary wishes. They show the things someone wants to see, and they never tell a single truth if it wasn't lived before. The worst type of dreams – scientists might say, and indeed, it is. No one has ever experimented with this type of phenomenon before since the Linking Dreams never had the intention of ending completely. It was discovered by the recollection of experiences people had, also from the rare events that happened inside the Linking Dreams, just as the odd glitched letters, voice messages at the end of the dream, texts showing up after waking up, and so on. Nowadays, it's unknown what the Linking Dreams truly are, after all, there are a lot of theories going around laboratories. The daydream should show the true meaning of this odd phenomenon and what its true nature consists of".

What Yoomin let you know today has been wandering around your head over and over. You were confronting something you didn't know that could exist. The Daydream. It'll show you what you desire the most and according to Yoomin, you won't be able to deduce if it's real or not. Because of that, she told you to bring someone else with you but then you thought the danger that you could put that person in, so, you didn't hesitate to deny her petition. It wasn't what she wanted to hear but understood the reason behind your decision.

From now, the things you do or want to reach are going to be more important than before. Yet, you are sure about going alone since the Linking Dreams only show "you" in Jinyoung's nightmares. It chose you to be the one ending with them and finally bring some peace to the ones that suffered the same pain as Jinyoung and you.