~6 || Reminisce the dreams

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Next day*

-Heesun's POV-

It was morning; today you don't have anywhere to go since the company gave a day to you and some other artists. It's a special occasion since they are getting some things done before launching the next big project. Because of that, you are drinking some warm coffee... well, it's also since you couldn't sleep last night; you were thinking about Jinyoung constantly which made you search for more information about the "Linking Dreams".

Yoomin called you a few minutes ago, she told you other things she found out yesterday. Pieces of information everywhere which makes it look more like a puzzle than a formal investigation, however, you are aware that this phenomenon is really strange and that many people don't share their experiences since it's a scary thing to go through.

Thanks to the help of the latest report Yoomin sent you, the puzzle was almost done and you were shocked by the things you discovered related to Jinyoung's nightmares. You were truly devastated, still, you managed to write it down before you could forget or break down into worries and tears.

"A step before going out from the last phase, the nightmare, gives an unknown message to the dreamer. It warns that the true nightmare is about to start and that it isn't the end of "Linking Dreams". Knowing what is worse than a Linking Dream, leaves most speechless and confused; at first, it seems that the worse nightmare is to leave your 'special one' behind. Yet, you found them at the end of it all, and they seem closer to you than thought. After many investigations and analysis, the results from one individual has shown similarities with other cases. Nightmares after Linking Dreams, meaning that the phases aren't truly over after beating a nightmare off. With the collected information and the analyzed behaviour from a pair made inside the Linking Dreams, the results threw a high connection with them making it the last phase to discover the true meaning to the dreams and nightmares. One of them is chosen to find the cause of existence from the "Linking Dreams". Someone will need to go back and put an end to this odd phenomenon, and the chosen one is the one who is making the other have nightmares".

You sent your information to Yoomin with all the resources and analysis you've made so far. It was clear for you at that point, and you didn't want to think about the worst-case scenario. As concerned as you were, the only thing you could think of was on texting Jinyoung; even though you two aren't in the best terms, he should know what could happen and the real reason why you began to be so distant with him.

*Minutes later*

You opened the door and Jinyoung got inside as soon as possible; he's looking worried and upset at the same time. You didn't say anything yet, however, you did mention it wasn't good news. Both took place on the couch from the living area, he was ready to listen to everything you got to say, yet, you were hesitating to let him know everything that's been going on.

-I'm not sure how to start – You shrugged your shoulders while holding a pillow in between your arms.

-The best way to start is always from the top – Jinyoung told.

You nodded while pressing your hands together. -After I had my nightmares, everything was good and there's when you began to have yours. We thought it was normal because we suffered inside the Linking Dreams... however, I've been doing some research – You disclosed.

-Continue – He spoke.

-Yoomin is a friend of mine, she's investigating the Linking Dreams, so, we team up to do some research together. These last days I've been occupied because of that; I've been searching for an answer to your nightmares – You revealed. -At first, I thought it wasn't about the Linking Dreams, yet, some events that happened had revealed things I didn't want to become true – You sighed.

-What are those things? – Jinyoung asked, looking more serious than usual.

-When you sleep away from me, you don't seem to have nightmares... but when we are together, they become stronger and scarier. I did some research and I analyzed scientific reports about the matter; I jumped to a conclusion where I might be the one going back to the linking dreams and finally end with them – You explained while looking down to the floor.

Jinyoung is speechless at that point. He's just staring at you and wishing to be inside a dream; his nightmare became real.

-You know that I won't let you – Jinyoung told.

You nodded. -But I don't want you to suffer anymore – You stuttered while cleaning the tears that started to drop down your face.

He sat next to you and started to embrace you tightly against him; his ears couldn't believe what you were saying. Everything just seems so bizarre and out of a movie.

-I'll go with you – He spoke.

-You can't; I don't want you to go – You cried while hiding your face against his shoulder. -I'm sorry for making you feel bad.

-Sun, it isn't your fault... nothing is – Jinyoung sighed while caressing your hair. -I can't let you go, not alone.

You looked at him, a smile on his face was showing as he was cleaning up your tears. Jinyoung kissed your forehead before holding your cheek gently, you closed your eyes while snuggling against his touch while your tears were forming once again.

-I needed to tell you; I didn't want you to think other things – You murmured.

-I'm glad you are telling me but, why now? I should be the one going – Jinyoung said concerned.

-But you dream about me, right? – You questioned.

He looked away before taking a deep breath. -What you said is my nightmare, the one I constantly have when I sleep – He admitted.

-But you only dream that when you are with me, right? – You questioned overly.

He nodded before taking your hands. -The fight we had; I want to apologize. But now I think I should let you know the future arguments we'll have because of this matter – Jinyoung said.

-Jinyoung – You complained.

-No, listen – He said seriously while taking your chin. You looked at him, knowing that his words mean pure truth. -Babe, we are going to fight over this; you'll want to go and I won't let you. Disobeying might make us mad at each other but just know that I'll always love you, no matter what – Jinyoung spoke.

You kissed his lips softly as an answer, then you stroke his hair before leaning for a hug. He held you in between his arms while rubbing your back.

-Let's fight this together, alright? I won't leave you alone, my love – Jinyoung whispered before kissing your head.