41 - Making Up

Two days.

Two days is a long time not to speak to someone. Especially when that someone is your imprint and your fiancée and you live together.

When we returned from Tacoma and after a long, quiet car ride back to La Push, Rachel locked herself in our room and I was banished to the couch. It sucked. On top of that, we both had to go back to work and it was double patrols for me since Quil still hadn't shifted yet.

This morning, I came home after patrolling all night and all I wanted was to cuddle up to my girl and pass out but she was already up and ready for the day. I didn't even bother eating as I collapsed in our bed alone. I slept restlessly, constantly feeling for Rachel who still didn't want anything to do with me.

I felt like shit and looked like shit as I stumbled into the kitchen looking for food. It was already dark out when I found Rachel at the kitchen table, pouring over the contract and paperwork that the school had sent over for her to read and sign. She didn't even look up when I walked in and started rummaging through the pantry for some food.

"There's some leftover lasagna in the fridge."

My heart nearly jumped out of my chest when she finally spoke to me. "Thanks," I replied numbly, trying to hide my eagerness for her say something else to me.

I dished up a plate of food and placed it in the microwave to heat up. Cautiously, I approached her, placing my hands on the back of her chair and leaning over her slightly. "That's some serious paperwork. Damn, are you signing your life away or what?"

She shrugged. "I guess so. Lots of rules and regulations. All these things I need to do in order to graduate."

Nervously, I reached for her shoulders and began to knead out the stress building up there. At first, she tensed up feeling my touch, but then she relaxed into it, even tilting her head to the side and pointing to her neck. "That's good, Paul," she murmured softly.

I felt even braver than I did a few minutes ago, so I massaged her neck gently and lowered my mouth to ear. "Does that feel any better?"

The microwave beeped and Rachel jumped a little. I dragged my lips around the shell of her ear and hummed. "I think you're food's ready," she whispered.

I growled a little as I moved toward the microwave and removed my plate.

"Hello?"

Rebecca appeared in the kitchen doorway with her hand over her eyes. "You guys decent?"

Obviously Rachel hadn't told her twin that we weren't speaking, let alone getting naked together. "Come in, Becca. We're dressed," she laughed.

"Unfortunately," I grumbled as Rebecca gave her twin a curious look.

"Are you guys okay?"

"Of course we are," Rachel replied quickly. "What brings you by?"

Rachel gathered up her paperwork and motioned for Becca to join her at the table. "I was wondering what we have planned for tonight?" Rebecca asked hopefully.