30 - Cashing In That Rain Check

A/N: sorry this took so long to get done. I really struggled with which way to go. That said, I hope you enjoy. Thanks for the great comments and opinions!

♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~

I reached for his face and bit down on my lower lip. "Paul?" I breathed as I arched my back.

He lowered my face to mine, licking his lips in anticipation. "Yeah, baby?"

I lifted my hips to meet his and panted. And just before his lips brushed mine, I whispered, "Do you have any condoms?"

He froze.

I opened my eyes to find him hovering above me, his eyes conveyed shock and his body tense. "Say what now?"

I smiled shyly. "Condoms?" I repeated. "Do you have some?"

He pulled back slowly, letting my legs down from his shoulders. He rocked back onto his ankles and stared down at me quizzically. "Why are you asking me that?"

I sat up and shifted around to kneel in front of him. I smiled widely and replied, "Why do you think?"

He furrowed his brow, eyes full of concern. "You want to?"

"You don't?" I asked him that question believing he really did want to...but when he just stared at me, blinking quickly, my stomach sank. "Oh wow...okay."

I climbed off the bed and grabbed my gym bag off the floor. When I stepped out into the hallway, I felt Paul's arms encircle me and lift me off the floor. "Put me down," I ordered as he carried me to the bathroom.

I struggled in his arms as he lowered me to my feet. He kept his arms around me as he reached back, shut and locked the door. "You're not leaving."

When I tried to twist around in his arms, he held me tighter. He lowered his mouth to my ear and growled lowly. "Stop fighting me."

I relaxed in his arms and he loosened his grip. I turned to face him but kept my eyes to the floor. "I guess I assumed too much."

Paul pulled me closer and sighed. He brushed his lips across my forehead and inhaled deeply. "I didn't say no."

I raised my head slowly and scowled. "You didn't say yes either."

"I just don't understand why you want to."

I scoffed. "Gee, I don't know, Paul. Maybe because I want you, I'm ready, I'm tired of waiting...take your pick."

"It has nothing to do with Embry?"

"Embry?" I echoed.

"Because of all that shit he said," he reminded me. "You're letting him get in your head."

I pulled back from him and made a face. "Fuck you, Paul. I wasn't the one who told him that I made you wait a year. That was you."

"I didn't!" he argued. "I swear I didn't."