33 - Living My Best Wolf Life

I loved the way it felt to run on all fours. There were some downsides to being a wolf, but there were lots of advantages too.  I loved to patrol on my own and stand on the bluffs and look out over the ocean.  

I didn't like having Jared and Sam in my head all the time. It pissed me off that I couldn't daydream about Rachel without playing my own personal sex tape for my now two closest friends.  I also didn't like the fact that I couldn't box anymore. I loved to box. I kept my job at the gym, but I had to tell Manny that I couldn't train anymore or be in another boxing match. I felt like such a disappointment to Manny.

I pretty much had to cut all contact with anyone but Jared and Sam.  I could only keep my job at the gym if I kept my head down and didn't get into any fights.  

 Luckily, my dad hadn't been around since that first night I phased, because he would definitely have set me off.

Over the past three months, I had to learn how to calm myself down without Rachel here to help me.  Hell, Sam didn't want me talking to her on the phone, but fuck all that shit. There was no way I could lose her.  I had to be home for our Sunday night phone calls. I lived for those nights.

Another thing I hated was lying to Rachel about what I was doing all the time. But she couldn't know about the pack until I imprinted on her.  Okay, I know that's not a guarantee but you can bet that I wished for it every chance I got. I just knew she was meant to be my girl forever.

I've spent an awful lot of time thinking about taking off to Seattle in my wolf form and showing up at Rachel's apartment just so I could imprint on her.  But no way would Sam let me go. I've also spent so much time worrying that this wolf life of mine might send her running from me. But that can't happen. I needed her.

By the time I arrived at Sam's house, I was ready for some food and some sleep.  I'd probably head home for the sleep but Emily's cooking was worth the trip over here.

I entered the house without knocking like always.  It was Sam's turn to patrol. I knew he would be thinking about who would phase next.  We all wanted more wolves to join. Jacob would be the next obvious choice and another complication for Rachel and I.  But I would look out for him, just like she had asked me to last year in school. 

School was a whole other problem.  My hearing made it impossible not to hear the rumors. I was also cautious about the girls in school. I always kept my head down, never wanting to imprint on the wrong girl.

But staying away from the girls proved difficult as well.  Our bigger, buffer bodies were magnets to the girls, as long as they weren't afraid of us. I had no desire to cheat and I was never really tempted, but it just got to be a pain being so fucking attractive to every available female.  Hell, if I had a dollar for every time a girl passed me her number, I'd be rich as shit. Like what the fuck?