6 - Jealous

"Rach

"Rach...hey, Rachel...wake up."

I raised my head slowly to find Paul smiling down at me in the dark. I fell asleep on the couch during the movie and I'm lying on top of him. "Oh, I'm sorry."

"It's okay," he mumbled, holding me close.

I rested my head on his chest and listened to his heart beat. I felt his hands smoothing my hair and it felt so good. "Do you wanna spend the night?"

He glanced around to the other sleeping figures in the room and laughed. "In here?"

"We could go to my room?" I suggested, resting my chin on his chest.

"I'm tempted, but I think I'll just go home. You know I got the whole house to myself, right? We could...go there if you wanted."

I pushed off of him and nodded my head. "I know but...not tonight."

Paul stuck out his lower lip, his pout face is adorable. "Are you gonna sleep out here?"

"No, these three like to snore. I'll just go to my room."

When I climbed off the couch, Paul scooped me into his arms. I wrapped my arms around his neck and held him tightly. "What are you doing?"

He carried me to my room and gently deposited me on my bed. "I'm practicing my good boyfriend behavior." He sat on the edge of my bed, his hands pressed to the bed on either side of me.

"So what was up with Jake tonight? It seems like he hates me just a little less than usual."

"Well we talked and he was basically jealous of all the time I've been spending with you. I haven't been home in a long time. He just misses me and being a fourteen year old boy, he's not great at expressing his feelings. Once I figured out what was wrong with him, I promised him we would spend more time together."

Paul's face fell. "Just make sure there's some Paul time scheduled in your day also. Otherwise, I'm gonna miss you too."

I cupped my hands around his jaw and playfully teased, "Paul time? Oh, how sweet."

Paul's expression became serious as he lowered his head to mine. Quickly, I turned my head and pulled him into a hug. "Goodnight," I whispered into his ear as he held me tightly.

When he pulled away, he pressed a kiss to my forehead and pushed the hair away from my face with both hands. "Call me tomorrow."

"It is tomorrow," I reminded him when he stood up to leave.

"Then call me later," he laughed before leaving my room and quietly shut the door.

~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~

The next few weeks went by quickly, but I found myself rarely alone with Paul. I made a point to include Jacob in our plans as much as possible and that usually meant including Quil and Embry too. I liked that Paul and Jacob seemed to be tolerating each other because that meant I could spend time with both of them and I didn't have to choose.