23 - Tasting

“Home sweet home,” I sighed when we reached my apartment door.

Paul groaned as he trudged up behind me, carrying my bags and the one he brought for himself.  I opened the door to find Kira on the couch. I ran over and tackled her, surprised at how much I missed her.

Paul cleared his throat and gave me a sexy ass smile.  “Want me to put these in your room?”

I nodded as I jumped up to help him.  “I got this,” he insisted as he pressed his lips to mine.  He bit his lower lip and growled a little when I pulled away.  “Do you mind if I get a shower?”

“Go ahead,” I beamed.

When I continued to stare in his direction, Kira noticed and told me I had to give her all the details.  “I thought you two weren’t even talking.”

“Well we weren’t...until he showed up at the restaurant.”

“Oh! And I missed it? Damn!”

I told her all about the confusion with Selena and how she invited me to her mom’s and how that got me a ride back to La Push.  I filled her in on everything else that happened on New Year’s, but I didn’t mention anything about Embry and his crush on me. I was still hoping that I was wrong about that.

I had caught her up on everything but Paul still had not returned from his shower.  I looked in on him and found him asleep on my bed. Kira and I decided to go get pizzas and I figured I would get some for Paul for when he woke up.

When we returned, Paul was standing in the kitchen, drinking a bottle of water.  He had no shirt on, just a pair of pajama pants. Kira eyed him appreciatively and smiled.  "The next time you go to La Push, you have to take me with you, Rachel.  Especially if the guys all look like Paul."

Paul smirked.  "Yeah, Rachel. You could set her up with Embry.  Lord knows he needs his own girl, so he can quit hitting on mine."

"Paul!"

We spread the pizzas out on the coffee table and started digging in.  I sat on the floor, while Paul stretched out on the couch behind me. Kira nestled into the armchair and asked, "Who's Embry?"

~♡~♡~♡~♡~

After Kira went to bed, Paul pulled me up onto the couch to lie on top of him.  He slid his hands under my ass and rocked against me. "You feel so good."

I placed my hands on the couch, on either side of his head and smiled down at him.  He reached for my face and crushed his lips to mine. I live for this man's kisses! When he pulled away, I laid my head on his chest and listened to his heart pounding in his chest.

"When will I get to see you again?"

I froze and my stomach lurched.  This was the one thing I really didn't want to talk about. "I've been meaning to talk to you about that."