38 - Crying Over You

After a long shift at the diner, the last thing you want to come home to is a house full loud wolves messing up your house, but here we are

"Oh shit."

I scowl at all of them before shutting the door and kicking my boots off. "You've got to be kidding me," I ground out when I walk into the kitchen to find a sink full of dishes and the trash overflowing.

I stomped past Paul in the living room as he yanked me by my wrist and pulled me into his lap. I tugged on the bottom edge of my diner uniform to keep from letting it slide up too much further and showing my ass. "Tough day at the office?" he teased as he nuzzled my neck.

"Yeah," I replied stiffly. "Especially when I come home to the three little pigs in their pigsty."

Jared and Jacob snickered and Paul shot them a dirty look. They both cleared their throats and scrambled off the couch and headed for the kitchen. When the water began to run in the kitchen, Paul smiled. "The kitchen is getting cleaned. Happy?"

I sighed and tried to push away from him, but he held me tighter. "Will you talk to me?" he urged as he brushed his lips against my cheek.

Jared appeared with the trash and winked at me before breezing out the front door. I opened my mouth to say something but closed it quickly, feeling frustrated. "It's nothing," I lied.

Paul sighed as he ran his warm hands over my bare legs. "You're freezing, baby. Did you walk home?"

I nodded and he scowled. "You said Karen could give you a ride."

"She had to leave early. Her son was sick."

He squeezed me tighter and I felt his warmth radiate through my clothes. "You should have called me," Paul scolded as I pouted. "I don't want you walking in the snow."

"I'm surprised you care," I replied flippantly. I was pushing his buttons, wanting...no needing a reaction. And I got one.

Paul rolled his eyes and sighed. Jacob appeared from the kitchen with Jared, who had come back inside at some point. "Kitchen's clean!" they both announced proudly.

I glanced over at both of them and nodded. "Thank you."

"Should we vacuum and dust next?" Jared asked eagerly.

"Sure," I shrugged and climbed off of Paul's lap, much to his dismay.

He quickly followed me to the bedroom and grabbed the door before I could shut it in his face. He grabbed me around the waist with one hand, spinning me around to face him. I gasped at how quickly he drew my body to his. He held my lower back firmly and pulled me close. With his other hand, he cupped my jaw, forcing my gaze up to meet his.

"You think I don't care?"

I lifted my chin and shrugged. "I don't know."

Paul scoffed. And then he smiled. I was shocked that he wasn't more angry. Maybe I wanted him to be angry. Maybe I was still waiting for that reaction.