18 - Celebrating

By the time we got to Manny's, I was a bundle of nerves. I was shocked that Rachel had agreed to go to this party with me, let alone she came dressed like she was. I walked in behind her, enjoying the way her leather pants caressed the curves of her ass and hung low on her hips. I curled my hand around her waist as I walked behind her. She covered my hand with hers and I welcomed her touch, thankful she didn't think I was being too possessive.

We walked down the long hallway toward the back of the house. I was constantly being stopped by people I knew, some from work and some from school. Rachel seemed impressed by my popularity, but it was making me all kinds of anxious. There were too many people here that knew things about me that Rachel didn't know. And the more they drank, the more they would talk. This was a terrible idea.

I kept Rachel close to me, more than necessary. A loose arm draped over her shoulder wasn't enough, no I kept my arms around her waist in a ridiculously possessive manner and when that wasn't enough I doubled down with a nuzzle to her neck or a lingering whisper in her ear. She responded eagerly to all of it, oblivious to how I was making sure everyone knew she was my girl. Or maybe she wasn't oblivious and...she liked it?

After running into several more guys from the gym and school, we finally entered the living room. Manny had the perfect party house, right on the beach. The largest room took up the entire width of the house with floor to ceiling patio doors leading to a deck that overlooked the ocean. During the warmer months, the parties would spill out onto the beach, but when it was cold like this, it was still nice to look out at the calming waves.

I led Rachel to the view and watched her face as she took it all in. "It's great, huh?"

She sucked in a deep breath and nodded. "Beautiful."

I swept her hair over her shoulder, holding a few curly waves in my fingers. "I agree. Absolutely beautiful," I commented as my eyes poured over her profile. Her long, dark lashes fluttered as she turned to face me. She had some sparkly glitter on her cheeks that reflected off the lights in the room and made me smile in response. I'd never seen her wear this much makeup before, hell, she never needed it. But it struck me as cute that she went to the extra effort. Was that for me?

She turned to face me now and a shy smile began to form when she realized that I wasn't talking about the view. I returned that smile when she rested her hands on my hips, allowing her thumbs to sneak under my t-shirt and brush my sides. It was the tiniest contact, but because she initiated it, I was all in and turned the fuck on. My hands felt useless at my sides, so I buried them in her hair, gripping her neck and pulling that sweet mouth of hers to mine.

"Lahote! Get the fuck over here!"

I pressed my forehead to Rachel's and groaned loudly. "I can't believe I brought you to this party."

She laughed and gave me a small kiss before dragging me over to the kitchen, where Jared was still hollering for me. "Dude...please tell me you didn't forget the beer!"