40. Ex husbands, sex services and slumber parties

Start from the beginning

Somedays she even puked for the whole damn day, and wished she could live in the bathroom.

Whoever named it as morning sickness was so damn wrong.

And also, she had terrible mood swings that drained her. The hormones were wreaking havoc to her mind and body. It felt like an emotional rollercoaster that sometimes even she couldn't understand herself.

Must be this baby is taking after its daddy.

The cake felt uncomfortable in her stomach as she walked. She would rather not puke in front of him. She would rather if he just went away.

But it looked like he wasn't going away.

After a while she turned back with a scowl as she looked at Logan.

"Don't follow me, you creep." She spat at him.

Two waiters walking around with a tray stopped and looked at them, worry in their eyes. Alex felt strangely evil as she looked at Logan.

I love you. Hah! He loves me?!

Yeah, when did that happen? Under the Peepal tree (Bodhi tree) where Buddha had attained his enlightenment?

Where had been this tree hidden before when she needed it? When her heart was tearing apart and aching so much?!

What a big, fat liar.

Or maybe the baby is his Bodhi tree.

So he loved the baby even without seeing it and suddenly he wanted to be there for it and for her by default? She wasn't going to be anybody's second choice.

She didn't know why it made her strangely jealous and angry and it was stupid to be envious of an unborn baby. Her baby.

But getting angry with Logan, it wasn't stupid. It was sensible. It was the right thing to do, or she might give in to the temptation of seeing him in that wicked red shirt.

She had always loved him in that damn shirt. It showed his toned arms and his beautiful body and he looked sinful and deliciously tempting.

She could remember one lazy Sunday noon they had made love when he was wearing this shirt in vivid details and it made her pulse race. 

This red shirt made him look like red velvet cake draped in her favorite cream cheese. Sinfully mouthwatering and forbidden. Full of calories. Bad for your health. Bad, bad.

And she wanted... Still, she wanted.

Even when she was angry... She yearned.

She almost knew what he was talking about that evening in Fabien's gala when he kissed her after accusing her of betrayal.

Lust. Must be this!!!

"Please don't follow me, Logan." She sighed. "I will call the security. This is a public place. You can't-" She said with fake panic in her voice and the man who was in the corridor sstopped walking and turned back to look at them.

"Stop." Logan muttered under his breath. His eyes flashed and her heart thundered.

Alex blinked innocently up at him.