Renewing your mind❤️

Verse: "'And do not be conformed to this world [any longer with its superficial values and customs], but be transformed and progressively changed [as you mature spiritually] by the renewing of your mind [focusing on godly values and ethical attitudes], so that you may prove [for yourselves] what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect [in His plan and purpose for you].'"
Romans 12:2

So this past week I have been working very hard on renewing my mind. I have been praying a lot and reading my Bible. What has truly helped me renew my mind is fixing my eyes on God and blessings. Not focusing on all my pain and problems. But focusing on God and all His goodness.

How do you renew your mind?

You can't do this by yourself. You have to pray for God to renew your mind. But you can't just pray once and be done. You have to continue to seek God by reading His word, worshiping Him, talking to Him, and listening for Him. God will renew your mind but you have to put in the work of seeking Him. This won't happen overnight, if you have been thinking a certain way for years it will take a while for you to stop thinking that way. So don't give up! This is hard work but with God by your side, you can do anything!  (Matthew 19:26)

How to fix your eyes on God?

You fix your eyes on God by stop focusing on your problems and circumstances. You just stop thinking about your problems and circumstances. Everytime you start to think about your problems, you need to stop yourself and say: "I am NOT focusing on my problems, I am focusing on God and all my blessings." You may have to say that to yourself many times a day. But if you work at this, you will feel so much joy. Start making a list everyday of things you are thankful for and praise God for everything on that list. Then throughout the day focus on that list and you will see a change in your mind and in your life.

Once I stopped focusing on my problems and pain. I fixed my eyes on God and I felt so much more joy! I feel so much happier now! I still have to continue to work at this but it is so worth it. You are not doing this alone. God will grab your hand and help you through this. (Psalm 121:1-2)

Let's change ourselves for the better with God's help!

Prayer:

Dear God,

I pray that as I seek you by reading your word, talking to you, worshiping you, and listening for you that you renew my mind. Help me to also fix my eyes on you and all my blessings. Help me to stop focusing on all my problems but to focus on you and all my blessings. I pray that you help me do this because I can't do this without you Lord. But I know that as I continue to seek you and focus on you, I will feel your joy that you have blessed me with. Please grab my hand and walk through life with you by my side. I praise you because I know you hear me. I praise you because I know you will help me. I thank you for all your love, joy, grace, and goodness.

I thank you for all my many blessings and for Your Son.

In Jesus's name, I pray, Amen!

****

Hey beautiful❤️I hope you are doing good! Thank you so much for reading. I love you so much! Have a blessed day!❤️

-Caty From SGC❤️