Cassie nodded but turned to run to her aunt and uncle. "Ucle Gray!" She called. Grayson looked down from his pan and smiled.

"Hey there Cass," He said with a smile. She reached her arms up to him and he put his spatula down to lift her up. "Morning!" He said as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Uncle Gray, snow!" She exclaimed, pointing towards the window in front of the sink. Cassie's aunt turned around to her and smiled, winking. "Snowman!" Cassie yelled. Grayson chuckled.

"I know squirt, but its really cold today," He said. Cassie frowned. "We don't want you getting sick, yeah?" Grayson asked, adjusting the little girl on his hip.

Cassie frowned and she looked over at her aunt who also nodded. Cassie nodded and sighed, resting her head on her uncle's shoulder as he flipped another pancake.

"Okay," Cassie whispered as Grayson smiled and kissed her head.

"How bout you go brush your teeth, hm? And I'll make you some pancakes?" He asked as he put her down. Cassie nodded and sighed, beginning to walk out of the kitchen. "I'll make you some hot chocolate too, squirt, we can watch the snow!" Grayson yelled after her. Cassie sighed.

Watch the snow? She wanted to play in the snow. So what if she got sick? Her mama would take care of her right. One sip of that yucky medicine and she'd be all better.

Cassie went up the stairs slowly, looking down at her pjs. She patted down her shorts and grinned. If the snow was here, she'd get to wear her fluffy pajamas.

A small smile on her face, she finished the long climb up the stairs, only to be met with her cousin. Justin smiled at her.

"Hey Cass," The five-year-old greeted her. Cassie sighed and Justin coughed.

"Jus sick?" She asked. Justin nodded. "Fee better," She said, reaching up to pat his shoulder.

"That's why I didn't go to school!" He exclaimed. Cassie nodded. Too bad they couldn't go outside. They could've made snowmen together. "I'm gonna eat pancakes, you want some?" He asked. Cassie shook her head and walked off.

Did Justin not see the snow? She sighed. Maybe Jake saw it when her uncle took him to school. Maybe when he came home, they could make snowmen together.

Instead of going to brush her teeth like she was supposed to, Cassie headed off to her mama and daddy's room. She sighed and climbed up on to their big bed and sat down, right next to Ethan.

Tears in her eyes, she sat on a pillow, her daddy's back facing her. She sighed as she looked at him. Why was her daddy always sleeping? Maybe he would want to-

"Ow!" She exclaimed when her daddy turned and hit her in the stomach with his arm. She rubbed at her tummy and looked over to see Ethan stirring awake.

"Princess?" He asked, voice deep from just waking up. And this set Cassie off. She began to cry. It felt good, really. She'd been wanting to cry since her mama showed no interest in the snow, still softly falling outside. And when her uncle told her she shouldn't go outside? She wanted to bawl, but she knew it would hurt his feelings.

But now she couldn't help it. And so Ethan sat up in bed as she began to cry, hands covering her face as she sobbed while Ethan pulled her into his lap. "Princess," He sighed, hugging her as she cried.

"Daddy," She whispered as he wiped at her face. Cassie took a deep breath and Ethan smiled, watching her wipe her own face.

"What's wrong, angel?" He asked, pouting. Cassie pointed behind him, where the window was. Ethan turned to see the snow. His eyes widened as excitement filled within him. "Holy shit, snow!" He exclaimed.