The World Doesn't Stop When You Fall in Love

"When do you think you knew?" Phil asked one day. 

The question sparked something inside of both of them. When? really was the question. They had known each other going on eleven years now. Throughout that time there were relationships, fights, highs, lows, discovery... there was just so much. So, when?

They thought of a million little moments. When Dan had talked to his mum and she suggested a minor crush. When Phil had kissed Dan for the first time. When Phil had watched Dan's heart eyes come from Skype calls to real life. A million different things. Dan's dimples. Phil's eyes. Dan's laughs. Phil's jokes. None of them seemed like the one

"I don't know, to be quite honest. What about you?" Dan responded. There was too much.

It was all a blur. They went from strangers to friends, to crushing, to in love, and then... meant to be, really. But when? When did things change? 

Phil thought too but shrugged. "I don't know either." 

That's the thing about love. They didn't know when it changed. All of the sudden, things just felt so different. They fell in love without a word. Without a touch. Without so much as a glance. The first time they kissed was the same as the fifty-second. The way they said each other's name sounded right all those years and on. The world didn't stop. 

In movies, it's like a build-up. It gets bigger and brighter and huger and all of the sudden everything stops. Everything is calm and slow and there's this moment and everything stops. 

But the world didn't stop. 

It kept going. 

The birds chirped the same. The sky was blue. The cars drove and honked. Mornings still sucked. The nights were still peaceful. The stars were still beautiful. 

And that's why love is so stressful. You think it's going to be this big, groundbreaking, state of the art thing, and everything is going to change. You are going to go from one thing to another without warning and there will be absolutely no preparation and then the next thing you know, BAM everything is changed. The birds speak a new language. The sky is green. The cars were slower. Mornings were new. Nights were exhilarating. The stars were supernovas in the sky. 

But the world doesn't stop. 

It keeps going. 

All of the sudden, one day, gradually and slowly, things are slightly stranger. The birds' chirps are a bit more pretty. The sky is brighter. The car's honks became background noise. Mornings were filled with grumpy love. Nights were calming. The stars wore a new shade. 

It's almost like you're drinking. It starts slowly and progresses to change you. You may get more giggly and emotional and you bounce on your toes. Then the next thing you know, you're flat out drunk and have no idea how you got there. 

Being in love starts slow and hits you out of nowhere, but it's like when you get hurt when you're running. You may not notice what damage is done until you sit down and rest and the next thing you know, adrenaline covered up your broken ankle. 

The world doesn't stop. 

It keeps going. 

It's more intense. 

You start to feel everything. 

You don't know when. You don't know how. But it did. A million different times, because of a million different things, and in a million different ways. 

And when things go wrong, and they will go wrong, you wonder for how long. And the answer is simple: as long as you make it. 

Because there are no soulmates. There are no matches. There isn't a compatibility level between you and another person. The world isn't nice enough. 

There is you and the person who makes you feel there is a filter that covered the whole Earth and that's it. You aren't meant to be, but you choose to be. And that's what matters. 

"I wish I could go back to the moment I realized." Phil smiled. 

Everybody does. Everybody loves that moment when time stops and two characters have realized that they love each other. And people love Dan and Phil's story. So in their creative minds, they take a million different scenarios and stories and twist and change them and in every single one there are new endings but you can always see the moment that they are in love. 

In a million different coffee shops and a million different punk and pastel Phil's and a million different secret agents and a million different AU's and million different ways, Dan and Phil fall in love. And every single time, people read and wish the same. 

"I don't." Dan scoffed. 

"Why not?"

"Because. I'm perfect with you right now."

Everyone wants to be in that moment where you fall in love but that moment doesn't matter. It's the moment where you realize that you've been in love. At that moment, the world stops. Just long enough for you to wonder when. 

---------------

Hi, everyone. So, it's been a long time. 

I know. And I am so sorry. But, things have changed. My life grew really big for me and things got in the way and were different and I just needed a break. 

I figured things out with friends, I found people, I lost people, I fell in love with a great guy... I am really happy in my life. 

And I've discovered that I miss writing. I created something on here I really liked having. I'm no longer continuing in this story, but I am back. 

I started writing something new. If you've missed me as much as I missed you, then go on and read it. It's different, but maybe you'll like it. If not, that's totally fine. 

Thank you guys so much for everything. You all helped me grow so much more confident in my writing and because of you guys I finally understand that this is what I want to do with my life. You have helped me with so many things and so many of you have supported me so much. I hope you liked my stories and I hope you know that you all mean so much to me. I really love you guys and this beautiful thing we've created. Goodbye and thank you for reading :)