The Dancer Pt. 2

*Dan's point of view*

"Daniel Howell! Focus or you won't get to preform on Friday," My coach scolded me for the twentieth time this practice.
"Sorry," I mumbled, trying not to smile. All I could think about was Phil.

I couldn't stop thinking about how Phil came back to me. After years and years of searching for him, he was back, and just in love with me as I had been with him. I might be rushing into things too quickly, but my feelings never changed. Phil changed a little, but in a better way. The only way I needed. The old Phil was too scared to come out, but the new Phil kissed me on the first date. I was already loving the change.

The second the practice was over I sprinted to the side of the road and called for a taxi. I looked down at Phil's text, he told me to go to a flower park. I shrugged and told the driver where to go.

"Hey, you're Daniel Howell aren't you?" The driver asked once we were halfway there.
"I am," I said nervously.
"My daughter is a huge fan of yours!" He laughed. "She's a ballet dancer! She watched you dance all the time! She loves you, you really inspire her," He said happily.
"Aw, that's great," I smiled. "Tell her I said hi, and tell her to never give up!" We pulled up to our spot. "Maybe I'll get to see her dance someday," I started to get out of the car.
"I hope so," He smiled. I handed him the money I owed, he shook his head.
"This one's on the house, you inspired my girl, that's more important than anything," He nodded and drove away.

I walked up and immediately saw him. The bright smile on his face matched mine.
"Hi," Phil said kissing me in the cheek.
"Hey," I bit my lip and took his extended hand. We walked deeper into the flowery path. "So, why'd you take me here?" I asked.
"It's my proof," He said. He stopped by the large and colorful tulips area. I frowned.
"What do you mean?" I tilted my head.

"Do you remember a long time ago when you lived with your dad?" He started. I swallowed hard, my dad was a tricky subject. Long story short, he was very against his son (direct quote) "flailing around on stage like some five year old girl". If someone said that to me now, I wouldn't be offended by it, but when you're only eight and your dad says it, it's tough.
"Yeah," I whispered.

"Do you remember how you'd always talk to me about it?" He asked.
"You were the only one who listened," His grip on my hand tightened.
"Don't you remember how everyday I'd walk with you to school and bring you a flower to make you feel better?" He asked, I smiled at the memory. Phil always managed to cheer me up when I was down. He knew I loved lilies, every time he brought me one I'd forget all about my dads harsh words that morning.
"For two years straight," I whispered.

"This is where I got them from," He pulled me along and hundreds of lilies surrounded the path we walked along.
"Wow," I was speechless. "Isn't this like... five blocks away from our old walking path?"
"Yeah, but you were worth it," He said, this time, instead of kissing me on the cheek he kissed me on the lips. It was short, sweet, and passionate.

I couldn't believe Phil went this much out of his way just to cheer me up. I always had the feeling he loved me too but was stuck in the closet to tell me, but now that feeling was confirmed. I wish I could rewind time and kiss him every single time he gave me a flower, just to let him now how big that impacted my life.

"Do you remember what this is from?" He asked once he pulled away. My eyes widened as he pulled out a crumpled up rose. It wasn't just any red rose, this one was blue.
"You kept it?" I whispered, tears grew in my eyes as he nodded.
"You gave me this in the roof that night. You promised me that we would meet again. You promised me that I would be a writer and that you would be a dancer. You promised that if we split up we'd always find each other, and here we are. I'm a writer and you're a dancer, and we found each other," Phil had a bright smile.

"That was also the night I told you I love you, that night was all my fault. If I never said anything you wouldn't have fallen off," I whispered. I always blamed myself for that. Phil fell off the roof because he was so in shock.
"I fell off because I couldn't believe that I loved you back," Phil tilted his head.
"You did?" I whispered.
"I did."

*Time skip: two years later*

"I do," Phil said rubbing my hand, tears were threatening to fall in both of our eyes.
"You may kiss your groom," The priest said. With that, we kissed. It was just like our first kiss: short, a little scary, but perfect. Even with all these people watching though, I felt like it was just me and Phil.

We ran down the aisle- hand in hand. After years of being separated we were together again, forever this time- we have banned going on roof's for the rest of our lives.

We took pictures and danced. As Phil held me I couldn't think about anything other than how happy I was. This is where I wanted to be. I always thought that my biggest dream was to be a dancer. I wanted to dance in front of millions of people. I wanted kids to look up at me and think wow, I want to do that. I got that and it is great, don't get me wrong, but this was even better. Sitting here slow dancing and realizing I was married to Phil Lester was better than being the most wide-known dancer there was (it was a plus though).

What I had never realized until now, my biggest dream was never dancing ballet in front of millions of people, my biggest dream was Phil.

——————————

Thank you Axellnicorn for the idea of this!