Ended With A Crash Pt. 3

*Phil's point of view*

Dan stood in front of me with a small suitcase, he wasn't going to bring much with him. I wiped the tears out my eyes one more time and smiled at him.
"Sorry this didn't work out, this must be a lot harder for you than for me." He sighed.
"It's ok.. I understand." I couldn't look him I the eyes.

"Maybe we could stay friends... or go eat dinner at that Trusies place." He said as I walked over to the door. I stopped in my tracks. I've been avoiding that place, that whole side of town really. It's a tiny restaurant, nobody's ever really there. Dan and I went there one day when there was no where else to go. We ended up going there a lot, it was our favorite place. It was quiet, and the people there loved us. It was the place I proposed to Dan at.
"How do you know about that place?" I looked up at him, a confused look sprawled across his face.
"Don't we go there every Friday?" He frowned, I took in a shaky breath.
"We went there every Friday before the crash.." I trailed off, I could see in his eyes he was deep in thought. He scratched the back of his head.

"And every Monday we'd watch a different movie." He looked up at me and I nodded. "And every morning you'd yell at me for eating cereal." I nodded, I could feel tears in my eyes. "And... we'd make gaming videos in that room over there." His breathing was picking up as a smile spread on his face. "We had our own channels too.. and then once a year we'd put.. cat whiskers on our noses." I nodded again. "We had a book and a tour together, and a board game. And.. and we'd always watch anime together." He walked over to the tv and then back to me. "And sometimes if you had trouble falling asleep.. I'd play piano for you... And every Christmas we'd go to your parents house.. and then mine." He started laughing. "And I stalked you for months before we finally met at that train station... And I'm a giant meme so we were about to get a dog." He had tears of happiness in his eyes as he named off his memories.

Then he stopped and looked my in my teary eyes. "You proposed to me at that restaurant, that's why I remember it." He said gently. "I remember the flower petals." He whispered, I nodded. "And then we got married two years ago.. in Manchester, 'cause that's where we first met." We both smiled through the tears streaming down our faces.

You know, you see those parts in movie where time freezes as a couple runs across the room to each other. They call out the other's name just before they were going to find a new love. They meet in a embrace and tell each other they love them.
I always thought that was cheesy.
Until it happened to me.

"Phil." Dan cried out as we ran to each other at the same time. It was like something clicked, and every memory came back to him. He broke down in my arms, just as I did in his.

Sometimes you cry and cry and cry. You cry so much you feel empty.
You feel like someone pulled a plug from the drain.

But sometimes- although it's rare- you cry and cry and cry, but you don't feel empty at all.
You feel so full of happiness and love, you feel like a tub overflowing of water.

"I thought I lost you forever!" I cried gripping onto Dan tighter than I ever had before.
"It's ok, I'm here now I'm here." He whispered.
"When I rushed to the hospital.. I thought.. I thought you were dead." I sobbed. "And then you lived, but you didn't remember me!" Dan pulled away and looked at me.
"I'm sorry Phil, you should never have had to go through that pain." He cried.
"It's not your fault. You're here now, that's all that matters." I smiled.
Then he kissed me.

Most times if my husband kisses me, I wouldn't be surprised or phased at all, but when you've  gone for a month of not even saying, I love you to your husband... things were different. Our tongues roamed each other's mouths for the first time in a long time as our lips moved sloppily together.

I had this feeling where I didn't want to stop. I just wanted to kiss him over and over again- to make up for that terrible month. At times like this though you just need to stop and take it all in. Everything moves so fast, you could miss it.

He pulled away and I finally got to stare into his eyes. They were bright and cheery and beautiful brown.
"Do you want your ring back?" I whispered.
"Of course I want my ring back, you spork." I've never been more happy to be called a spork. I ran to my room and grabbed both our rings.

I walked back out to him and slipped his on his finger, then he slipped mine on my finger.
"Glad to have that back." I sighed happily.
"How long did I lose my memory for?" Dan asked twiddling with the ring.
"A month..." I trailed off. I told him all about how that month was, and how he was just about to leave.

"So you only slept like.. 30 hours this whole month?!" Dan gave me a worried look.
"Yeah.. I can't fall asleep without you." I looked up at him and smiled.
"Well, let's text my mum, and then we'll take a nap." He grabbed my hand.
"I'm not even tired." I whined as he pulled me into the bedroom.

You don't realize how tired you are until you crash right on that person's chest. Once you do that it's like... there's nothing else in the world. Just you and them.
"I love you, Dan." I whispered drifting off.
"I love you too, Phil." He whispered back.

Life went back to normal from then on. I was getting enough sleep, eating what I was supposed to eat, and I was ten times happier. We made a video explaining how Dan got his memory back and uploading would go back to normal- not that we ever scheduled days to upload anyway. I stole Dan's cereal again and we'd cuddle on the couch watching anime. We did basically everything I didn't realize I miss.

I guess the whole point of this story.. say I love you. Tell your family every day, or at least every time you say goodbye. Tell your crush, or at least tell them you like them. If they reject you, it's not something you'll regret later on. You'll regret not asking. And if they like you back, there are no regrets. All I'm trying to say is.. is say I love you, you don't know how much time you'll be given to say it.