If The Shoe Fits

*Phil's point of view*

I sat in the chair as hundreds of woman dressed in the same ugly dresses walked up to me and bowed. I kept the forced smile on my face as more and more walked up.

To be honest, I was more interested in the mean escorting the woman then the woman themselves. My father didn't seem to understand that I was gay, he arranged this whole ball thing so that I would fall in love with a woman instead of a man.
I already knew that was not going to happen.

Although you might think he is, my dad isn't a homophobe. He doesn't mind gay people, he's even alright I'm gay. He's just worried for me, because when you're a gay prince, things get tough. They get tough for the whole royal family, the public, the people, but I didn't care. I never asked to be "Prince Charming", nor did I ask to have royal blood. I'm not going to pretend to be straight just so everyone but me is happy.

As more and more people walked down the aisle my eyes started to wander the room. There were hundreds of people waiting in big groups for me to make a decision. It wasn't until I glanced at the steps I saw him.

He was the most beautiful boy I'd ever laid eyes on. His hair was chocolate brown and had beautiful curls that bounced across his head. I could see he had maybe brown eyes, I wish I could see them up close. His skin was a lighter color- but not as pale as mine. He wore a beautiful blue suit that I could tell from where I was sitting fit him perfectly. He seemed nervous as looked around at the crowd.

Eventually all the girls stopped walking down the aisle and it was time for me to pick one to dance. Instead of doing that, I noticed the boy I saw earlier slip out of the room onto a patio outside. I did the same, telling my dad I needed alone time to make a decision (whoever I picked I was going to have to marry).

I walked out to the patio and I could see him looking up to the stars.
"They're beautiful tonight, huh?" I asked gently from behind him. He jumped a little, but he didn't turn around.
"Yeah, they are, I don't get to see them much," He said with a dreamy sigh. His voice was the most beautiful voice I'd ever heard, it was light and airy, but deep and dark at the same time. It had this perfect melody I couldn't explain.
"Work?" I questioned walking to the boy, I wanted to see his face.
"You know it," He turned to look at my and immediately his wonderful eyes widened.

Now that I was up close to the boy, I could see that he was the most breathtaking thing I've ever laid eyes on. His eyes were chocolate brown with golden flecks in them. They were surrounded by long black eyelashes and freckles were in small spots in random places on his face. His hair was even more perfect than I'd imagined up close.

"Oh my gosh, you're the prince!" He said quickly bowing. I laughed a little.
"Yeah, I just saw you leave, so I followed you out here," I bit my lip, I hoped he didn't find me creepy or anything. "You're beautiful by the way," I added in.
"Wow, you- you actually not-noticed me? With all- all those people there? You're even better looking than me," He said the last part quickly. His cheeks had a light shade of pink and I could tell he was nervous.
"Of course I noticed you," I smiled, he giggled.
"Wow, this is an honor... I'm Dan... if you.. even wanted to know that," He whispered the last part.
"Of course I did, why wouldn't I?" I giggled a little. "As I said before, you're the most beautiful thing I've ever laid eyes on."
"Oh, stop it," He rolled his eyes.
"You are," I tilted my head at his growing blush. "Before I continue.. are you.. um.. gay?" I stuttered out, I didn't want to be hitting on a straight man.

"Yes," He looked down at his feet.
"Good, because so I am I. Would you like to go dance with me?" I asked holding out my hand.
"Dance- dance with you?! I- I- are you sure?! Because who- whoever dances with you is the person you want to- want to..." He trailed off, I found his stutter adorable.
"Marry?" I finished his sentence.
"Yeah.. why would you want to marry me?" He asked it like it was the strangest thing in the world. It made me want to laugh at how quickly I knew he was wrong.
"Because you're so much more different than all of the girls that are trying to marry me so that they become a rich royal. You're ten times more beautiful than them, but you don't act like it. When I compliment any of them they say thank you, but with this terrible smile like they hear all the time and it means nothing. With you though, you can't accept it. You always compliment me back. You just seem like a nice person," I smiled. "Arranged marriages already suck, so I'd rather pick a man I might fall in love with than a woman I'd never fall in love with. So please, let's dance," I held out my hand.