"It's always been you"

*Dan's point of view*
*Trigger warning: Smut*

I glanced at the clock, 2:00 AM. I got bored of my computer and finally started to drift off to sleep. My thoughts came to a halt and my eyes felt as heavy as lead.

It was around that time when my bedroom door burst open. I jumped at the sudden noise and sat up in my bed. Standing in front of me was a restless Phil. His hair was disheveled and he wore his glasses. I could see slight bags under his wide eyes. He was wearing Cookie Monster pajama pants and no shirt (which- as weird as it sounds- I found hotter than hell).

"Hey Phil," I said in a breath, I felt a little nervous for some reason. Why was he in here? And why so late? I started to wonder if he had a nightmare. "What's up?" I cleared my throat. He didn't answer and just started to storm over to me. "Phil?" I squeaked out.

He now stood right above me. I'd never felt more intimidated in my life. "Phil?" I tried again, but he didn't respond. Instead, he smashed his lips onto mine.

For a moment I sat there, stunned, as his hands tangled themselves into my hair. Then I decided to enjoy the moment. This was something I had been dreaming about for years. I warily put my hands on his chest and slowly kissed him back. It started slow without tongue for about a minute.

"Phil.. what are you.." I panted out and met his eyes, his pupils were noticeably dilated.
"I love you Dan," Phil said, he was just as out of breath as me. I sat there, again, stunned.

This time when he kissed me, it didn't take me long to kiss back. As this happened the kiss became more heated. His tongue started to fight for dominance with my tongue, his won.

My hands started to wrap around his neck and pull him towards me, he sat across from me.
"I love you too," I whispered in between kisses. His hands started to tug at my hair, I resisted the urge to moan. Just because we were making out doesn't mean sex was about to become a thing (even though I would've been fine with it).

Phil yanked the blanket off the bed and pushed me down. He crawled on top of me and continued to kiss me. His hands roamed my chest as mine gripped his waist.

"Phil," I tried to control my breathing. "What are we.. what are we doing?" I found that it was hard to get words out when he was kissing and sucking my neck. He went back to my lips and put his hands inside my shirt.

"Phil," I pushed him off, I already missed the contact. "What are we doing?" I repeated myself. I had a small glimmer of doubt that he was only doing this because it was late at night and he wanted to have sex with someone. That didn't sound like Phil at all though.

He sighed and looked at his lap. He seemed nervous, so I grabbed his hands.
"I'm sorry, that was a stupid move on my part," He whispered. "I should've known you didn't like me back. Even if you did, I'm sure you don't now," His eyes watered.
"Hey, I kissed you back, didn't I?" I reassured him. "I just wanted to know why you.." I trailed off, I didn't think I needed to finish.

"Right," He nodded, his cheeks went red. "I just.. can't sleep with you on my mind," He whispered.
"I was on your mind?" I raised my eyebrows, he nodded.
"I was thinking about how in love with you I am. The more I thought about it the more I wanted to tell you. By the time I had the courage to... all I wanted to do was show you how much I love you," He explained, his voice was shaky.

"I didn't know you loved me that much," I laughed a little.
"Of course I do," He said it like it was obvious. "It's you. It's always been you," He whispered the last part. I swear I could feel my heart flip.

Phil bit his lip out of nervousness. For a moment I didn't know what to do. My brain was busy trying to comprehend what he just said. As it did, I realized what we both wanted. I slowly crawled over to him.