Demons~ Imagine Dragons

When the days are cold
And the cards all fold
And the saints we see
Are all made of gold
*Time Set: Before the Quiff*
Trigger Warning: Self-Hate

Phil stared at himself in the mirror. He didn't know what it was. It wasn't anything anyone said, but he hated what he saw. First, it was the hair. It bothered the living shit out of him. He thought it was terribly ugly. He had the same hair since 2009. He didn't like the way it sat on his head. He just couldn't change it though.

He felt like he would offend people. He felt like he was "the last one" and couldn't change it. He figured the only other hair style that looked good on him was a quiff, but every Youtuber had that. He didn't want to be another "guy with a quiff".

It wasn't long before his hair problem grew. It wasn't just his hair anymore, now it was everything about himself. He didn't like how he looked at all. Everything he used to love about his look just... didn't look good anymore.

When your dreams all fail
And the ones we hail
Are the worst of all
And the blood's run stale

At times like this, he wished he never became a Youtuber. He loved his job, he loved all his fans. Right now though, he didn't want it. He wanted to be his own person, living his own life without any of it. If he didn't have all these people looking up to him, he would be able to change anything that he wanted without wondering what other people would think of him.

I want to hide the truth
I want to shelter you
But with the beast inside
There's nowhere we can hide

"Hey, Phil?" Phil looked to his doorway, Dan was standing there.
"Yeah?" Phil walked over to him, Dan looked upset.
"Are you doing anything right now?" Dan asked. Phil could already tell what was going on. Dan had this thing where he hated to ask Phil to cuddle with him. He always felt bothersome.

"I'm doing absolutely nothing. You in a funk?" Phil asked. He wanted to get off the subject of what he was doing.
"Yeah... a little," Dan mumbled. Phil grabbed his hands and pulled him to his bed. Dan nuzzled into him with a smile. He was glad he didn't have to say anything. He didn't want to talk about it.

No matter what we breed
We still are made of greed
This is my kingdom come

Phil suddenly felt very guilty. He was complaining about not liking the way his hair sat, while Dan was here going through depression. He realized he had no right to even talk to Dan about his doubts. Dan was going through enough, he couldn't put another thing on his shoulders.

Dan hands gripped Phil's as his legs tangled in between his. Phil brought a hand up to brush through Dan's hair. He admired everything about Dan, and he knew that Dan always felt better when he did things like this.

When you feel my heat
Look into my eyes
It's where my demons hide
Don't get too close
It's dark inside
It's where my demons hide

"Hey, Babe?" Dan whispered. Phil could hear his voice getting more mumbled, he was falling asleep. He looked down into his brown eyes, Phil's favorite thing about Dan.
"Yeah?" Phil asked.
"This isn't bothering you, is it?" Dan asked. "Like, you weren't doing anything before this?" Dan asked. He always felt like a nuisance when he asked Phil to do this with him. Phil hesitated. Not because this bothered him, but because he didn't know how to answer the second question.