Sweet Distractions and Talks of the Future

"You looked stressed," Phil pointed out. Dan looked at him with an "are you stupid?" look.

"Yeah, no shit," Dan scoffed. Usually, this would be followed by laughter and then more banter and than a your mum joke, but as Phil said, Dan was stressed. Instead, he looked right back down at his paper and scratched more things down. The project he was working on was for the Young Minds charity. They gave Dan something to do by the end of the week and Dan was panicking- trying to make it perfect.

It was obvious that Dan was stressed and desperately needed a break from working on the same project for two days straight. Phil didn't even know whether or not Dan was sleeping, he hadn't come to their bed at all the night before. As far as Phil was concerned, Dan wasn't even eating. Now that he thought about it, he didn't even remember the last time Dan went to the bathroom.

It's not like Phil was mad that Dan hadn't been talking to him or anything. He knew the project was important to him. Phil was more worried about Dan. Dan wasn't good at dealing with stress and the more stressed he became, the more irritated he was, and then he would start to get stomach aches and headaches... Phil just didn't want him to have to go through with it.

"When do you think you'll be done?" Phil wondered.

"Um... I should be done in two days," Dan murmured.

"So, if you stopped working tonight than you'd still have enough time to finish by Friday, right?"

"Yeah, I guess." Dan narrowed his eyes at Phil. "But I'm not stopping."

"Why?" Phil whined. "Dan, you need a break. We both know you get stressed easily and if you get too stressed your depression is going to start kicking in even worse than it usually does."

Dan smiled at Phil. "Thank you for being worried about me, but I just want to get this done. If I procrastinate than I'll be even more stressed because I won't do it until the day of." He went back to work, but it wasn't long before he was pulling on his curly hairs and letting out huffs of breath.

"Can I see what you've done so far?" Phil asked. At least then Dan would get a short break. He looked at Phil for a few moments, shrugged, and then slid his computer over to Phil.

Phil looked at what Dan had. It was really impressive (not that that was a surprise). "What do you think?" Dan asked, biting his lip nervously. "I know it's not that good and they might not like it. Maybe I should restart. I could possibly change-

Phil leaned in and placed a light peck on Dan's lips. "It's amazing, Dan," Phil reassured him. Dan just smiled and responded by leaning in for another kiss. He melted into it, needing the kiss. He just needed Phil. Dan hummed and grabbed at Phil's hair, pulling him closer. Phil just cupped Dan's face, letting him control the kiss for once. Before the kiss could go from passionate to lustful, Dan pulled away with a content sigh. "I needed that," He breathed.

He rested his forehead against Phil's. "How about a date?" Phil mumbled. "Just for a short break," He suggested. Dan leaned back in his chair and tilted his head at Phil.

"Phil, you know I need to work on this," Dan pleaded. He knew if Phil kept trying to convince him, he would eventually cave in and actually stop working.

"Oh come on. You have until Friday," Phil said hopefully. "Maybe I could help you take your mind off of the project, just for a few hours."

"What would we do?" Dan narrowed his eyes.

"I'll take you on a date." Phil reached for Dan's hands and held them. "We can dress up and go do something, who knows, I'll surprise you." Phil grinned. "Please," He begged.