Volunteering Isn't as Bad as it Seems Pt. 3

Dan spent three days cleaning out his car. It wasn't messy, it really only had a blanket, a few pairs of clothes in the back seat, and a cup or two on the ground. But, just the thought of Phil sitting in the car and thinking Dan was a slob sent Dan into a cleaning frenzy. He deep cleaned his car- this included vacuuming, washing the whole car twice, cleaning the seats, the dashboard, he even cleaned out his trunk. His trunk. Why? Well, what if Phil happened to try and open his trunk to find out it was filled with water bottles and shoes? Exactly, it would be embarrassing.

Okay, half of the things that Dan did around Phil weren't really that embarrassing, but Dan couldn't seem to be around Phil without some sort of blush on his face. He didn't know why he felt the need to impress Phil so much, maybe he had a bigger crush on him than he thought.

He tried not to think about that as he pulled up at the hospital. Dan walked through the doors and wasted no time getting to Phil's room. Once he got in, Phil wasn't wearing his hospital gown and wasn't laying in the bed like usual. Instead, he was in a wheelchair, wearing a sling over a sweatshirt. He had a pair of shorts on with a huge cast that covered the majority of his leg. Although all that looked like a lot of injuries, Phil looked extremely happy. In fact, he looked better than usual. His face and hair looked nice and clean (and done, in a quiff) and as he sat in a wheelchair he had a huge smile. Dan figured he was happy to get out of the hospital for the first time in forever.

"Lookin' good," Dan observed with a grin of his own. Phil nodded and then looked Dan up and down a few times.

"As are you, like always," Phil responded flirtatiously. Dan just rolled his eyes, along with Dr. Aleah, who was busy writing down things for Phil to do at home.

She took some time telling Phil instructions and things he could and couldn't do. She prescribed him some medicine and gave him suggestions for things he should or shouldn't eat and a bunch of other boring stuff that Phil was barely paying attention to. Once she realized that Phil wasn't listening to anything she said, she turned to Dan.

"I'm guessing you're going to be taking care of him?" She raised her eyebrows at Dan. Phil rolled his eyes, but he also looked over at Dan (he was just as curious). Dan frowned, not understanding the question. "He's supposed to get up as minimal as possible. He's going to need someone to care for him as often as possible. I was just wondering if you two have talked about that yet, seeing as you're so close." Dan blushed as he looked over to Phil, he was curious if he was going to be the one for the job. He didn't know if Phil had other people to spend time with or what. With how flirtatious Phil was, Dan hoped that there wasn't someone waiting for him.

"If he needs me... I'd be happy to help," Dan said. He glanced at Phil, shrugged, and then looked down at his feet.

Phil burst into a huge smile. "Well, I was just going to try and get by on my own, but having Dan there would just be so much better," Phil reassured Dan. Dan immediately smiled with a blush, happy to be wanted by Phil- even if it was just to sit with him like always.

"Sounds good to me, at least you'll listen." Dr. Aleah went off on instructions of things that Phil could or couldn't do. She made sure Dan knew that Phil was not supposed to get up without either his wheelchair, somebody there, or doctor's clearance.

Once Dan got the written instructions from her, he and Phil were on their way out the door. Phil was overjoyed to be outside for the first time in weeks. As if that wasn't amazing on its own, he had a cute, blushing, boy that was pushing him around in his wheelchair. Dan wasn't paying attention to Phil once they were outside, he was just busy trying to get the door open and make it so Phil was in the car and comfortable. After he finally managed to fit the wheelchair in the trunk (he knew he cleaned it out for a reason!), he sat down in the driver's seat.