Holiday

*Phil's point of view*

"So, you really want to do this? It's not like I care or anything!" I said to Dan, sitting next to him on the couch.
"I don't care. As long as you don't care about lying to your mum for a three days." He gave me a smirk, which made me blush. It was true though, keeping up a lie, especially against my mum for a week, would be hard.

"Shall I make the call?" I asked picking up my phone.
"Yup." He said looking at his lap and twiddling his fingers.

I dialed my mum and gave Dan a nervous look.
"Hello?" I heard my mums voice at the end of the phone.
"Hey!" I blushed.
"Hey honey! What's up?" She asked excitedly.
"I just wanted to talk about our holiday to the cabin." I said picking fuzz off my shirt.
"Oh, what about it? If you're asking if Dan can come, it's a no. You know that only partners and family can come." I heard her from the end of the phone.
"Actually about that... I have a boyfriend!" I said looking awkwardly at Dan, who was trying not to laugh.
"Oh yay! Who is it?!" She asked excitedly.

"Um actually... it's Dan." I glanced over at him.
"Really?! Oh my gosh I'm so happy for you two! I always knew you'd get together!" I heard her squeal.
"Yeah... so you don't care if he comes?" I winced.
"Of course not! I'm so glad you two are finally together!" She exclaimed.
"Ok bye." I said ending the call.

"So she believed you ?" Dan laughed.
"Yup! She said she's really happy for us too!" I giggled.
"Ok, so on the car ride to your mums we should make up a story on how we started "dating" and how long we've been dating and stuff." Dan blushed.

"Ok, I'm gonna go to sleep. You better be ready and packed by 11:30 tomorrow." I squinted my eyes at him.
"Yeah yeah." He smiled.

That morning Dan and I quickly ate breakfast and got ready. I put my bags on the living room couch and looked at the time, 11:30.
"Dan! Let's go put our stuff in the car!" I yelled.
"Yeah... hold on! Just making sure I grabbed everything." He sounded distracted as he said it.

I walked into his room. He was still in his pajamas and an empty bag sat at his bed.
"Dan, I thought you were already packed!" I yelled frantically. He looked up and his eyes widened.
"Don't freak out, I'm pro at procrastinating. Just give me... five more minutes." He said running around, grabbing random clothes items, and then shoving them into a bag. I groaned.
"Fine, hurry up." I said walking out the door.

I walked back into Dan's room, he was all packed and ready.
"See," He said picking up his bags and following me out, "I told you I'd be ready." He smirked.
"Lets go." I smiled squinting my eyes.

I started to drive.
"So..." Dan started, here comes the awkward conversation.
"So...." I said back, I was already blushing and we haven't even started the conversation.
"When did we started fake dating?" Dan smirked.
"Um... how about a month ago?" I asked glancing at Dan.
"Ok, what's our story?" He looked over at me.

"How about someone caught us cuddling or something." I shrugged.
"How about Louise caught us cuddling so we got together shortly after?" He looked over at me.
"Are we going to have nicknames for each other? I mean I'm just going to call you Bear, but do you want one?"
"Sure, I'll just call you, like Love or Babe or something."
"Yeah, ok. Ok, here's a weird question that no one will ask.. probably, but... never mind."
"No, what?" Dan turned a little to face me.
"Have we had sex? Like as a fake couple." I had a scarlet blush all over my face.
"Um... sure." He responded, also blushing. I looked him in his eyes and then we both started to laugh.

"Oh boy, this is gonna be a fun weekend." Dan said putting his face in his hands laughing.
"Yes it is." I sighed.

We got out of the car once we got to the Lester's house. From there we were going to drive to the cabin with Phil's parents, Phil's brother Martyn and his fiancé.

"Ready to lie for a week?" I asked about to knock on the door.
"Yup, let's do this." Dan rubbed his hands together and I knocked on the door.

"Oh hey!" My mum said hugging both of us.
"Hey!" We both responded.
"Wow! I'm so happy you're coming Dan! We were hoping Phil would find a date soon!" My mum gave him a bright smile. To which I also gave him a smile... an awkward one.
"Yeah, I'm really happy to date him! We've-" Dan got interrupted.
"Please, come inside, we can talk about it while we are waiting for Martyn and Cornelia." My mum let us inside.

After saying hi to my dad, we sat at the dining room table and waited.
"So... tell me your guys' story!" My mum said sitting down, she loves love.
"Well we started dating a month ago." I started.

"We started dating when we, and a bunch of other YouTubers, went over to Louise's. Everyone was hanging out so I stayed behind with Phil. I liked Phil for a long time, so I was really happy when he stayed with me. We cuddle a lot so it was kind of normal when we started cuddling. But sooner or late we were whispering and then we started kissing... and yeah." Dan said, my mum ate every word. I did too, the way Dan told it he made it seem like he was actually in love with me. Which made me feel... weird.

After a little while of talking and waiting we all piled in my mums car she rented. Me and Dan sat all the way in the back where we could just hang out as friends.

After a few hours, we showed up at our cabin.