Arriving

Getting out of the taxi, I looked up at the tall building that stood before me. It was so tall, I couldn't see the top. "Wow," I whispered, before looking to my left to see the taxi driver taking my large suitcase out of the trunk. "Thank you," I exclaimed as he nodded before driving away. As the bright yellow car drove off, wind swept through my hair and mini-skirt. In the distance, cars and traffic could be heard, as well as some music. But all in all, it was the city... and it was fabulous. But at what cost? Oh, I would pay so much right now for Zane and my friends to be here with me. Maybe then I could genuinely enjoy it. "You got this Kawaii~Chan," I whispered to myself before stepping off the curb and into the apartment lobby. It was so fancy, with a lobby on the level floor. The doorman was smiling, and there were ladies behind counters wearing matching black dresses. Everyone in the lobby was so... just wow. The woman in the corner was wearing Gucci from head to toe, and the small child next to her looked like a child model for Ralph Lauren. The girl behind the front desk looked like an actress, and I swear I've seen the doorman on tv before. It was all so big, so bright, and so... overwhelming. No matter how much I wanted to, I just couldn't fit into a place like this. It was just so over the top, and at the same time it was literally picture perfect I would have thought it was out of a home decor magazine. Walking through, the lady from behind the front desk looked at me and smiled. "Be right back Miss." she told the lady in front of her before making her way to me.

"Oh my! You must be Jean's niece! So nice to finally meet you!" She smiled at me before snapping her fingers. On instinct, the doorman came up behind me and grabbed the luggage out of my hand. "My nephew Chris here will take you to your aunt's penthouse. Chris dear, do help her with the basics." Chris nodded and took my luggage, walking to the elevator. I quickly followed him. As the door to the elevator closed, he looked over at me and smiled. "So you're Nana Ashido. Your aunt really didn't exaggerate with how nice looking you are." I smiled and blushed. "Oh, thank you! You as well!" We smiled at each other, and I immediately began to feel comfortable. He was just so friendly, and there was no creepy or mean tone in his voice. "So how long are you staying?" He asked as I thought about my answer. "Um, for as long as I need to. I'm really just here for my mental health, and to just relax. A lot of things happened with my boyfriend and friends, and I don't have family besides my aunt, so I just needed a break." For some reason, I felt comfortable talking to him. Even a stranger. "Oh, you have a boyfriend?" Immediately his time changed, and I looked over at him to see his shock. "Ummm, ya. He's a really nice guy and-" He smiled brightly, before showing me the inside of his jacket to see a bisexual flag pin in the shape of a heart. "I have one too!" I giggled for a second as the elevator door opened to reveal a large penthouse. "Oh my gosh," I whispered as we walked out of the elevator. It was stunning with all the bright lights, the marble, the tiles, and all the light peering through the window. It looked and felt like a fairy tale, except only it was real.

"Yeah, your aunt has one of the bigger ones. Isn't it nice?" Chris looked over at my expression and knew my answer. "It's so beautiful!" I smiled, as he walked in front of me and down the hall. "This way is the second room that she uses for guests." He led me to a room at the end of the hallway, opening the curtains to reveal that the wall was just a window, showing a view of the entire city. "I can't wait to go out!" I cheerfully exclaimed, staring outside. "You're new right? It's okay if you don't want to, but if you want to meet people from the complex you can join me and my friends. We usually go out at night to party and stuff. That way you can get a local, fun feel of the city." His smile was warm, and I trusted him. "Yeah, of course. Who would come?" I asked as he smiled, walking closer to look at the view with me. "There's my boyfriend Alec, my cousin Grace, her girlfriend Syd, and our other friend Ashley. Grace models for Instagram, Syd is in the pharmacy business, Ashley's dad is wealthy, and Alec is the son of the manager of the hotel. Only rich people can live here, except me. Alec got us a place here down the hallway as long as I work for his dad. It's nice here, the people are nice and the place is perfect. "Haha, don't worry. I come from a really local area. It's not in the country, but it's no New York. My boyfriend's dad is a realtor who bought an entire street of houses, while I'm a waitress with two roommates. Things are just different, but opposites really do attract I guess." We smiled as he left to let me unpack. So I did, taking out all the cute clothes and hanging them up in the closet. In a place like New York, I felt obligated to be dressed cutely 24/7. Of course, I doubt anyone would say anything, but I wanted to try and feel like I belonged here. I already felt so out of my comfort level, but hey. In a few minutes, I had gotten a friend who lived nearby and made plans. Hopefully, this was the start of something great.