Ice Cold

Zane's POV

I walked up and down the long, dark hallways that seemed to go on forever like a maze. I was alone, the only sound I could hear was the creaking of the floorboards. The creepy, decaying floorboards. This place was so dark, I'd step on one and fall through the floorboards if I wasn't using my phones. That was when I heard a slight whisper from across the lodge and the creaking floorboards all around the cabin... In fact, I heard 4 different noises, all creaking floorboards from different places. Everyone else had heard that, and it was all of them running... except for KC. We all met up in the big room before seeing that KC was out of the air mattress, and nowhere to be seen. She probably had been confused or scared and walked off to look for one of us. 

"Where is she?!" Aphmau asked, running into the kitchen to look around as Aaron and I exchanged nervous glances. "She must be inside. Only an idiot would go outside voluntarily!" Laurence shivered, shaking the ice and snow off of his rain jacket which covered two fleeces. "Let's split up," I suggested as everyone nodded, including Aphmau even though she looked scared as she scooted towards Aaron slowly. "It's okay babe. You can walk with me." Aaron hugged her with one arm as she blushed, all embarrassed. I agreed it was getting very dark as we only had our phone flashlights and the large bonfire Garroth and Aaron maintained. They all crowded towards each other but I was already running down the hall. "KC?!?!" I yelled as I heard a mew from down the hall. But as I turned the corner, all I saw was probably the most terrifying sight ever. 

It was a human, a woman to be exact. She had short blonde hair that had an extreme split end that was extremely messed up, yet straight. She hovered over the green carpet, staring at a giant hole in the floor. The only thing wrong with her was that she was almost entirely see~through. And she was talking to a hole of course...  "Are you there? Humans usually can't survive that fall." I inched closer to see the hole she was talking to was very deep, which probably led to the storage room in the basement. It had a concrete floor and walls, with storage bins stacked high. "I told you not to run kitty." The thing told the hole as I heard another mew of pain from the basement. I recognized it that time and realized it was talking to Kawaii~Chan. I wanted to run to her, but at the same time, I was scared of the thing. My love for KC got the best of me as I popped out of my hiding spot and confront it. "Hey! Step away from my girlfriend!" I yelled demandingly, pointing at it with a raging voice. "It's you! We were just talking about you, you cutie! This little bimbo got herself hurt, not me darliiiinnnggg." It looked at me in a creepy, yet a loving way that sent chills down my spine as I heard KC cry out my name. "Back away," I commanded once more as it got the message, backing away as I ran to the edge of the broken floorboards. 

"Zane. I'm-m sorry, I just fell down here when I was runni-" KC didn't get to finish as the floor gave out underneath me, causing me to fall down to the basement with her. I tried grabbing the wood, only to hit my shoulder and collarbone when I fell. Yet I did, I was only concerned about her. "Kawaii~Chan." I hugged her as we both calmed down, before looking up to see nothing. That's when our internal heat became limited. There was no heat down here, as you could see it as snowing even harder than before. "Let's cuddle. That way we'll be able to save our heat." KC suggested as I was not opposed to it as she was cute. So we snuggled close as we watched the snowfall, sometimes yelling for help as our voices echoed throughout the entire foundation. But the snow fell harder as we waited, and before I knew it we couldn't even see the trees beyond the white~ness, and KC was shivering like crazy before her teeth were rattling like a purring sensation almost.

 "We're going to freeze to death," I whispered to KC, her eyes squeezed shut tight as she nodded. "Listen, I'm going to go out the door and around the lodge. We all can come back with jackets for you." I kissed her forehead as she opened her watery eyes and nodded slowly. I got up as she barely let go of my shirt, whispering "Be careful. Please hurry." as she began shivering even more. I could tell she was in pain from her frozen fingers and tail lip which shook in pain. So I did, pushing the door open as the harsh wind pushed it closed immediately before I ran around the building. All I had to do was get to the front door, and bring KC back a couple more jackets before walking her to the front doors. I could literally see the door before I yelled as I tripped on nothing unexpectedly, almost hitting my head as I struggled to get up as the wind pushed me down. 

"Hello friend."