Promise

Kawaii Chan's Pov

As we hear a crash from downstairs, Aaron stands and quickly runs out of the room. "Aphmau?!" He yells loudly as I hear the sound of him stomping down the stairs. I push my weak self off the bed and nearly stumble before chasing after him the best I can. "Zane?" I squeak out, not knowing what to do. I see Aaron staring out the open door, letting a few snowflakes flutter in. "Aaron?! Where are they?!" I ask as he turns to me with a shocked expression on his face. "T-they're gone." I gasp as he announces this, running to the doors to see their footprints leading beyond the edge of the woods, joined by little paw prints of wolves. "We have to go out!" I insist as Laurence and Garroth join us. "What?! You're hurt! KC, let us guys handle this!" Laurence puts his hand on my shoulder. "No! Zane left and came back without his memories! I'm not going to let him go away and come back even worse! Aaron, come on you have to understand! Aphmau is out there!" Aaron looks like he is about to cry. "KC, let's go." I can see he is trying not to sob. "F-fine," Laurence exclaims, handing everyone a coat. "Let's split up. I'll go with KC, Aaron goes with Garroth. If anything happens, make sure to call the other immediately. Keep your phone charged at least at fifty percent, and don't go too far." Laurence wrapped his arm over my shoulder protectively as we began to adventure beyond the view of the cabin. With the heavy coat on, I couldn't feel the wind on my arms or torso. It was nice hearing the wind, but only feeling it on my face and legs. Luckily I had some boots that Aphmau had given me for Christmas. Oh, Aphmau... first my boyfriend and now one of my dearest best friends. I hoped she was safe with Zane. As jealous as I was that he remembered her and not me after getting amnesia, I couldn't focus on that. Garroth wasn't getting angry that Zane remembered Laurence, or at least I couldn't see that he was. "Kawaii~Chan? Are you okay?" I zoned back to see Laurence staring at me, as I had just stopped walking. "Huh? Oh, I'm fine Laurence~Kun!" I smiled sheepishly as he stepped closer. "Are you really?" He asked in a serious tone that I took to heart. "O-of course I am!" I was on the verge of tears but was I willing to break my Kawaii~Chan persona right in front of Laurence. I only did that around Zane. Oh... Zane... 

Right then and there, I began to weep as Laurence rushed to hug me tightly. "Shh, Shh. It's okay." He tried to comfort me as the tears just kept coming. "But it's not! It's not! Zane is out there with Aphmau alone in the freezing cold after proving not only that he doesn't remember his girlfriend or his brother but also that he doesn't like me as a person! And now I'm just supposed to smile it off and act like the dumb airhead I always am! Well, I'm not! I'm not Kawaii~Chan!" I began to yell, not to Laurence but to myself before crying again. "And I'm scared that maybe this time, we won't find them." I whimpered as Laurence hugged me a little tighter. "As Garroth said, it'll be fine. I promise." I realized that this was the second time someone had promised that it would be alright. "When we get them back, we'll get Zane help. We all know that he loves you, it's just that his memory isn't working right. We'll fix it." Laurence kissed my forehead as I hugged him back, feeling the same hope I had felt with Garroth. "You really are perfect for Garroth." We both smiled as he blushed. "Y-ya. I think I'm in love." He ruffled my hair playfully as I sighed. "I know the feeling." I looked out into the woods and then focused on the snowflakes that pinned themselves to the hair that stuck out of my beenie. 

"Kawaii~Chan!?" A familiar voice echoed throughout the empty space Laurence and I had been hugging in. Laurence and I stared at each other intensely, not wanting to look behind us. Finally, I took the courage and looked behind me, breaking up the hug. There stood Aphmau, in a blue dress with a blue coat over herself. "Huh, My Love said you'd be with Aaron most likely," she whispered quietly to herself that only someone with animal hearing would be able to hear. Who is she talking about? "Aphmau?!" Laurence yells as she stares at him. "Oh, Laurence. Good to see you. I'm here for Kawaii~Chan." Laurence immediately stepped in front of me as if Aphmau was going to come for me. Aphmau's eyes glowed bright green, more neon than before, before them returning back to normal. "Zane said he needs you. He's in an awful condition and only feels comfortable with you." She explained before smiling weakly. "See, it's okay Laurence! Everyone's okay! I'll be fine with Aphmau. Go back and tell everyone that they're okay." I smiled sweetly at him. "Everything's going to be fine... like you promised." I couldn't help but cry out of happiness. Irene had answered my prayers! 

I walked up to Aphmau, smiling at her too. "Good choice KC. You won't want him to be around for this." Aphmau began to walk closer to me. "H-huh?" I asked, extremely confused as she got closer and closer. As she did so, her eyes got more neon and her smile got creepier. "Stand still KC, My Love will want you in one piece." Her facial features were horrifying as she drew a knife from her pocket. "Laure-!" I was able to yelp out before my right side began to sting. I looked down to see my turquoise jacked becoming a red velvet shade. "N-no. Aphmau... What did you do?!" I yelled as she just smiled calmly, looking at the blood like she was drawn to it. "How does it feel Kawaii~Chan? My Love told me to make sure you felt pain! Did I do it? Do you think he'll be proud of me?" All I could do was hold my side in pain as the world began to get dizzy. "Anyways, you're taking too long." She bent down to my level as she scooped up a large rock on her left. "A-Aphmau." I whimpered as in one swoop, she picked it up and swung it to the side of my head. The last thing I heard was her cheering

 "Yay! That'll do it! My Love will be so happy to see her!"