"I love you."

Kawaii~Chan's POV

Everyone left the room one by one after Zane whispered something to Garroth before sitting me down on my bed. I couldn't help but bury my face into his shirt, tears slowly rolling down my face as I remembered everything that had happened. "Kawaii~Chan." Zane lifted my head to where my eyes met his, seeing the tears in his eyes too. "My god, what did he do to you?" he ran his finger along the scratch on my face. "He told me you were gone, and then... It was weird, like I was feeling pain but I couldn't see anything. I felt a punch in my side and then a serious ache on the side of my head like glass being stabbed into it. And then a bang on the back of my head. Then I hea-" Zane stooped me, his eyes wild. "Wait, you said a glass-like pain in the side of your head?" Zane asked as I nodded, cuddling closer to him. "Reese had blood all over the side of his head from where Garroth stabbed him when he fought back." I couldn't believe it, I had felt the pain Reese had felt. "My god, that's why I heard Garroth's voice yelling at me. I got so scared." Zane shushed me, holding me close and petting my head. "Zane? Am I okay?" I asked, placing my hand on top of his. "Yes. I promise, everything will be back to normal soon." he held me close as I closed my eyes, comported by his presence and words. "We have to go in front of the judge tomorrow for Dante's trial. You don't have to go, but Laurence says it would be best. That way we can-" I stopped Zane suddenly. "No! What about Aaron being the ultima?! What if they find out?" I asked as he just smiled. "He has nothing to do with this Kawaii~Chan, you're fine. Now you've had a rough day, why don't you lie down? I'll be right back." I nodded and lied down as he kissed my forehead as I drifted off to dream land.

Zane's POV

I walked downstairs as all eyes fell upon me, as I nodded in reassurance. "She's fine, just tired. I told her about the trial Laurence, she says she's coming." but with saying this everyone was still worried. "Zane, she's not okay. I know I wouldn't be after all she's been through." I nodded, trying to keep the tears back. "Well maybe she's stronger than all of us, we all know she's not all happy and kawaii 24/7 like she pretends to be. Now come on guys, let's be real here. What are we going to do with her?" Aphmau asked like she was a kid that needed babysitting. "She can deal with herself! I know her, I know she'll be more than fine." I explained, but nobody paid attention to me like usual. "She's in no order to go to the lodge." Garroth nodded his head at his own remark as I could feel my face get red. "Now now now! Wait a minute!! What makes you in charge of her?! It's Aaron's family lodge, not yours! Plus how do you think she'd feel if we just left her?! That wouldn't help stupid." Everyone actually listened surprisingly, making me smile until Aphmau perked up. " I agree with Zane. I think Kawaii~Chan needs everything possible to distract her from this, helping her forget is the best thing. I do think that we need to help her as friends though until that time comes." I smiled at her as she beamed back, sitting back down. "Alright then, but only if you guys think it's safe. I just want what's best for her." I could see the sincere in Garroth's eyes, but that didn't stop my jealousy from flaring. "Well, I think we should be going. Zane?" I shook my head, looking towards the window as snow started falling. "Nah, I think I'm going to stay with KC for a while. I know she's probably listening in as we speak." I couldn't help smiling at the thought of my sneaky little kitten. "Okayyyy baby brother." Garroth smiled, doing the weird giggling thing he always does. "Well, I'm going to sleep. See you later guys, and Zane. Please don't keep Kawaii~Chan up late." I did a cheesy military solute out of nowhere as Aphmau smiled, murmuring She's gotten to you more than you know it as she went upstairs, smiling at me warmly. I soon followed Aphmau up the stairs and into KC's room, feeling weirdly comfortable. I sat on the edge of the bed as I stroked her fur weirdly, like it was automatically a thing. "No, no, no. Let me go. Let me go." Kawaii~Chan whispered frightened, shaking terrified. I quickly stopped petting her and began shaking her to wake her up from her nightmare. "No! Zane." she began crying uncontrollably. "What did you do to him? Oh Zane." tears poured from her eyes as I grabbed her hand. "Shhh, shhh. Kawaii~Chan, I'm right here. I'm right here!" I watched as her nails dug deep into her arm, noticing how many claw marks were on her arms and hands. I grabbed Kawaii~Chan and jerked her awake, as she just sat up out of breath. "Zane!" she wrapped her arms around me, as I could hear tears making their way down her face. "I'm here, you're safe. Everyone is okay." All I could was hold KC close, whispering sweet things into her ear. "Zane, could you sleep with me?" she asked, shaking in fear. My face turned red, my face mask failing to hide it. But I couldn't ever say know to that face, especially when she was scared. "Y-yes." she smiled warmly, her eyes drooping lower and lower until they were closed and her head was bobbing back and forth. "Come." she patted the part of the bed beside her, which was a lot as she was super skinny compared to the queen bed she had. I nodded, laying on the far side of her that ran along the wall. As I heard her began to purr in my presence, I slid my hand around her waist hugging her close as we both drifted off before I heard the slightest I love you.