The Lodge

Aphmau's POV

We drove for hours before everyone fell asleep, besides me and Aaron of course. Aaron had said he would drive, so he took a nap before hand. I just happened to join in on that nap with him.... Honestly, me and Aaron were getting serious, and I couldn't help feeling like he was going to propose. Maybe it was just women's intuition, but I had an extremely strong feeling that something big at least was going to happen.

 "We'll be there in a few minutes, the GPS just says five minutes here." he explained as I nodded, nodding my head as our path became rockier and rockier than ever until Zane was shook  awake. "What is happening?!" he asked sleepily, looking at us and then out the window. "We're just out in the middle of nowhere out here, so there's no real roads. Don't worry, we'll have blowup mattresses for everyone until we decorate the place up again." I turned around to face her as she nodded at Aaron's explanation. "You can share with Kawaii~Channnn. You'll have to snuggle up real good with the electric blanket tonight. The air hasn't been kicked on in years, much less the heat." I smiled as he just smirked in my direction. "Y'all sleep together anyways though. Didn't see her come in last night..." I smiled cheekily, winking at him, before turning around as the car stopped suddenly. "We're here." Aaron whispered to us as Zane grinned, jumping out quietly to help Aaron and I unload everything. "Wake up." I whispered, shaking Garroth's arm as he perked up as well, before sleepily waking Laurence up too. I carried one of my makeup bags while Aaron grabbed his one suitcase and then my other four while Garroth and Laurence carried their own, leaning on each other for support. When we walked in though, we didn't see Zane or KC until we all looked outside to see Zane, carrying KC bridal style as she was still half-asleep. 

"Aww, look at them." I whispered to everyone as we watched Zane carry KC to their blow-up mattress and laying her down. "I'm going to go start the fire, it's freezing." Garroth told us, walking over the rectangular fire place in the middle of the giant room. Aaron and I cuddled together before Garroth started the fire, making the entire room warm with the flaming color filling the room. I saw Zane smile at KC, who purred at the heat's presence. "So, you guys wanna look around? My parents didn't really tell me much about this place." Aaron suggested as we all nodded, splitting up. Zane and Aaron went upstairs to check out the two different hallways while I checked the kitchen and basement. Garroth and Laurence went outside to look around, hoping to find maybe a shed or animal tracks. 

I walked from the giant room into the kitchen, dust caking on all the counter tops and rust on the oven. The microwave looked broken, and the the fridge had been stolen. That's when it dawned on me that we hadn't bought any food. We would need to buy more food later, it was literally necessary. The tiles were a really weird brown, and the back splash of the kitchen was a weird limestone green of a gray teal. I couldn't help sticking my tongue out in disgust. I looked around for awhile before going down the door near the far right of the big entrance room and down a smaller flight of stairs. It was a normal bedroom size, like the one in my first house. It was filled with tubs and boxes, as well as cans of soup and giant gallon-bottles of water. It looked like a safe house for something, with food and water storage with boxes labeled Protection. It was weird... really weird. 

That was when I heard Zane scream.

KC"s POV

I woke up to the sound of the door shutting behind Garroth and Laurence who headed outside. I was on the blow-up mattress... alone. The fire lit up the room in a creepily warming way that had me scared. That was when I heard a female voice, middle~age and creepily. "Come with me little kitty." I watched as the tips of my hair started rising, weakly being pulled towards the stairway to my right. I walked that way, following to where the tips of my bubblegum pink hair led me. Before I knew it, it had led me to a bathroom from one of the giant hallways. I looked around for a second before noticing there was someone in the mirror. For some reason, I wasn't simply terrified but curious. "Who are you?" I asked, whispering as I looked closer into the mirror. "A lost soul, a simple woman forgotten for love that came with death as a surprise. There are people here, and there's someone here I want. Am I allowed to have his soul in exchange for your friend's freedom?" I backed away from the mirror, scared by her confusing words. "WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?!" I asked, almost yelling as I stared into the mirror. "I am a ghost... obviously. In your little group I see a guy I fantasize. He seems to belong to you, so can I take him? If you say no... you will regret it." she explained as I thought of Zane. In her mind Zane "belonged" to me, and she wanted my permission to take him... or be haunted I guess. "N-no." I whispered, running out of the bathroom as I heard her shout "Waaaaaaittt." but I was gone.