Relateable

Kawaii~Chan's POV

I gave Zane such a hard time about being so mean to the boys, but that didn't mean I was going to be nice.

Travis: AWww.

KC: SHUT UP. Now who wants cupcakes?!

Travis went from a zero to a hundred in practically a second as I suggested cupcakes!

Garroth: OOOH, me!

Travis: ME!

Laurence: I want some!

KC: Hee hee.

Zane: May I help?

Zane placed his face inches from mine before I nodded and pecked him on the lips, then skipping to the kitchen happily as I heard the guys OOOoooooo behind me.

The guys continued to watch tv as Zane sat on the bar stool and got himself a beer out of the mini-fridge.

I giggled at his way of helping before I got the ingredients out, and then all the bowls and pans. I than began thinking of what cupcakes I should make, and I decided on regular chocolate with minty frosting and chocolate chips on top.

I began with the batter, which was simple chocolate and nothing more. It was Zane's favorite, and I knew nobody was allergic to anything in chocolate as Aph made sure to tell me when they stole her chocolate cupcakes.

After making the batter and placing it in the oven to bake, I began with the minty frosting of deliciousness! I stirred it until it was a creamy, minty blue colored cream. I was in fact so focused on stirring quickly, I barely noticed Zane sneaking up on me right before he literally swept me off my feet.

I giggled loudly as he spun me around, laughing himself. I felt so happy and safe with him, even in these innocent moments.

Garroth: Hey you love birds, when are the cupcakes gonna be done?

KC: Keep talking like that and you won't get any! *smiles jokingly*

Zane: Nah, he's right. What can I do to help?

KC: Take these cupcakes out when they're done and start frosting while I find the chocolate chips.

Zane saluted me and set me down on my feet before grabbing the spoon and mixing the bowl of frosting over and over even though they were already good, but he didn't know that. Hee hee hee...

KC: FOUND EM! *smiles*

Zane: Great, I'm done!

KC: *jaw drops* ALREADY?!?!

Zane: Hehe, I used to help my mom with this kind of stuff.

KC: *smiles* Great! Now we need to sprinkle thes-

Zane: No. You go sit with the boys and I'll finish these. Okay?

KC: If you insist... *smirks*

I sat on the couch as the Garroth and Travis made room in between them while Travis spun in the spinning lounge chair excitingly.

KC: So what's happening? I thought this was Riverdale...

Garroth: We turned it to a movie called the Mafia. It's about a girl who is imprisoned for life with this rich body-builder dude who's in love with her. It's very weird, but it's exciting. We don't get much romance on My Street these days.

KC: Oh, alright then.

The movie might of been awful but I was getting trapped in its gaze, excited for the plot to unfold even more. I loved movies with a murder mystery, until the fight happened. They all held guns in their pocket for some reason, and once the fight broke out my favorite characters fell to the ground dead.

I screamed, I hate violence since my mom was killed by an unarmed stranger. I had been with her, holding my mothers hand as she fell to the ground. I was just five, and yet I had been more than traumatized having to see my mom dead. I cried, watching as strangers scattered from the area. But I stayed, still holding her hand. I was alone in the dark parking lot, waiting for her to get up. Waiting for someone to jump out of the bushes and yell Gotcha! Waiting for my mom to get up after tripping. She might say silly me or you're mother is such a clutz! Then she might laugh and take me home, away from this scary, dark place in this sketchy part of town.

But she didn't. My mother didn't move, she didn't get up, nobody told me it was a joke, and certainly nobody stayed behind to help this little girl.

Eventually the police arrived, and helped me to my house where my father waited. He never cried, he never yelled, he never asked a single question or even mention her ever again. Instead he did something unthinkable to some, real life to others.

He killed him self...

He hung himself, with a suicide note and everything. He had thought about paying for my future first home, my college fund, how is funeral would be, and what he wanted to give everyone.

The one thing he never thought of was that, his little girl would be the one to report her father dead. That his little girl would see him dead. Sure I had other siblings, but they were either at school or preschool. I had been sick that day, and I had walked in to a room to see my father hanging with a rope around his neck. I was just seven, and unfortunately I remember everything that happened.

I watched the fight from the movie carry on, people killing other people like the monsters they were. I don't care what I have to do, I would never kill someone. As my mother was killed, and that made my father kill himself. Therefore both my parents died that night my mother was shot, because that made me lose my parents. I miss them...

Suddenly I watched as the main villain shot his own parents as the maniac he was. I screamed as loud as I could in fear, and wrapped my arms around the pillow. I forgot that I was surrounded by my friends and boyfriend, I simply could relate to this too much.

I then felt Garroth hug me close, telling me it would be alright. Zane gave him a dirty look as he backed off, and Zane jumped onto the couch to put his arm around me and kiss my forehead.

Zane: It'll be alright. It's just a movie, it's all just a movie.

KC: *sniff* Are the cupcakes done?

Zane: Yes. Let me go get them.

KC: *smiles fake* Oh alright.