The Kiss

Kawaii~Chan's POV

I fell asleep to Zane's voice, but that's really all I remember. I was all drugged, but I will admit one thing. I didn't even go a second alone, once the nurse let people in my room had friends, or at least Zane. Wait, ZANE! Omg I think I confessed my feelings to Zane, wtf! I told him I liked him and then I fell asleep holding his hand! I'm freaking out!

Katelyn: So what happened?!

KC: I was trying to help Zane and Aphmau put out the fire in the cafe, and then I inhaled too much smoke. Aphmau left to tell the boss and then I started coughing. I blacked out but I know Zane carried me to the hospital and when I woke up he came in. We talked for awhile, it was nice to be honest!

Aphmau: Awwwww, that's so sweet!

Katelyn: Ugh, I guessss. But keep in mind, he is like all dark and emo~ish.

KC: Exactlyyyyyy *stares at wall in day dream*

Aphmau: *screams fangirl~ish*

KC: Hee hee.

Katelyn: *rolls eyes*

Travis' POV

We got out of the Uber one-by-one, as we all piled up on the sidewalk.

Garroth: I'm so nervous about Kawaii~Chan!

Travis: Me too, but we know she'll probably be alright.

Zane: PROBABLY?!?!?!

Garroth: Don't worry baby brother. She'll be fine.

Zane: But what if she isn't?! *wipes tear*

Laurence: She will be though bro. *places arm around his neck*

Zane: *smiles* Thank- you?

Aaron: Come on, Aph invited you all to the house to wait for KC. At least if you want to, follow me.

Aaron waited for anyone to step out, meaning they didn't want to see KC, but nobody did. Everyone in our group loved KC to death, even me. Someone who wasn't close to her like Katelyn and Aph were still loved her to death. She was our friend, always there to bake for us when we were sad, or bake in general. She was nothing but sweet and positive, plus when she lived with us she was nothing but pretty and kind to everyone. Laurence had told me about Zane making her cry somehow and that made me tear up, knowing how bad something must be to make her cry. She never cried, she was the one who gave me flowers to give Katelyn because she just wanted to help. She stayed home from school all day to help Erin take care of all of us when we got sick.

Zane: I miss her.

Travis: Buddy! It'll be fine!

Zane: I'm not your buddy.

Laurence: Don't worry, he's just in a bad move.

Zane: KC is in the hospital! Yes I'm in a bad move, I'm terrified!

Garroth: Buddy...

We all walked together and into Aph and Aaron's house where we all waited in the living room watching the news while Zane stress-ate Aph's cupcakes while rocking back and forth.

Zane sat on the barstools texting Aph while the guys and I were on our phones checking social media. I found myself looking at KC's Insta, scared of losing our little mèfwa. I couldn't believe that she was in the hospital. But luckily she was okay as we knew. Eventually Zane got worried enough to where he moved to the doorway and stared out the window at the driveway waiting for her arrival. Then we say the car lights and he jumped up and outside. We waited silently as she walked through the door, Zane right by her side to help like she could fall any second.

Zane: Do you need help?

KC: Zane~Senpai! I've told you three times I'm fine!

Garroth: You're home!

Travis: We missed you!

Aaron: Glad you're back KC.

Everyone took their turns hugging KC before the party really began. KC put out some cupcakes to entertain everyone while we all broke into our own conversations. I was talking with Laurence about how my birthday party was next week since today had been my bday. But there was this weird thing to act like my bday was normal to celebrate my privilege to a normal life. I always celebrated a week after my bday, which was when my party was. I was just going to hang out but Aphmau insisted on throwing me a party that'd I have no idea about besides the date, time and location. Then all of a sudden, KC appeared behind me. She had been so quiet and appeared suddenly.

KC: Zane~Senpai?

Zane: Huh, OH! Kawaii~Chan, uh hey...

KC: Can we talk please?

Zane: Yaaaa. Um, here?

KC: Upstairs? Like, away from... people.

Zane: O-okay.

We walked upstairs slowly, and into her room. It was quite awkward but I was too focused on what she wanted to talk about. Did she want to talk about her confession in the hospital? What was it?!

Zane: So... what do you want to talk about?

KC: I know it wasn't a dream. I told you I uh, liked you.

Zane: Ya, you did.

KC: And I heard you say you liked me too.

Zane: Y-you did?

KC: Ya, and we both know that... as much as I like you I cannot be in a relationship with you.

Zane: Agree.

KC: Agree.

Zane: Agree!!!

KC: Agr-

Then we both moved forward and kissed each other passionately. I had wanted nothing more than this in my life, my life pure and perfect. We kissed deeply, our connection strong to the touch. He grabbed my hand and squeezed it, his other hand grabbing my leg. When we had to break apart for air, he left kisses down my neck before kissing my lips again.

Then all of a sudden Aphmau walked in and gasped, causing us to separate quickly and awkwardly.

Aphmau: *squeals girly* OH MY IRENE!