22

Destiny Hart

I continue to look up at the warm colored sky. The sun is setting which meant the day is almost over.

I don't think that I'll be able to sleep before we reach Zara's place.

"Des." Jungkook's deep voice rings through my ears, making my heart jump. I turn around and greet him with a small smile, "Hey."

He presses his lips into a thin line as he stands next to me. He rests his arms on the railing and looks out into the sky. His face glows and his soft, fluffy hair blows in the wind.

He's beautiful.

"There's something I want to talk about, before we go into battle." He takes a deep breath. I start to become worried. Negative thoughts start rushing through my mind.

"Sure. What's up?" I turn my body towards him. He takes another deep breath and turns towards me too. His eyes lock to mine.

"It's—" He looks away, "I—I've been having a lot of thoughts." He trails off and looks into my eyes again. My mouth opens a bit as I stand there confused, "Thoughts about what?"

My heart begins to race as he takes a step closer to me.

He's so close.

He looks so nervous, but something inside tells me that it's not a bad thing.

Jungkook bites his lip as he studies my face.

"You."

My heart races even faster, if that's even possible. Jungkook's cheeks are as red as mine. He grabs my hands and runs the pad of his thumb over it.

"I really like you...more than a friend." He confesses. My eyes widen and my heart explodes.

He likes me? He likes me!

"Jungkook—" My mouth is wide open as I try to find the right words to say. A voice in the back of my mind is telling me to tell him I like him too, but another voice is telling me that I have an important mission to accomplish first.

"You don't need to respond." He lets go of my hands and scratches the back of his neck. My shocked expression is replaced with a happy one.

"That's so sweet of you." I smile up at him. His eyes fill with hope as he looks down at me, "I know this is so sudden, but I just wanted you to know." He clears his throat.

"I understand," I nod and turn back towards the railing, "I'll give you my answer after the battle is over. I promise." I smile at him. He slowly smiles back, showing his bunny teeth.

"Thank you." He chuckles. His cheeks are still red.

"For what?" I raise my eyebrows a bit. Jungkook looks out into the sky again.

"For not punching me in the face or something." He says with a smile. I scoff and place my hand on my hip, "Why the hell would I do that?"

He shrugs, "I thought that maybe you would hate me for confessing—I-I don't know okay? I'm just really nervous right now."

"Don't be." I rub his back. He closes his eyes and exhales deeply.

Zara watches the wizards from her crystal ball. The sun is starting to set, and she's already prepared.

"How much longer until they arrive?" Ian sits down next to her at the table in the lab. Zara frowns and furrows her eyebrows at the sight of Destiny and Jungkook.

"They will be here soon. Make sure everything is ready." She huffs and removes the live feed from her crystal ball. She presses her pointer finger against her temple and uses telepathy to contact Ezra, "Ezra, how are my subjects doing?"

Ezra stands in front of the crowd of maids and Zara's creations. He smirks as they start to get ready for battle.

"They're prepared for battle."