19

Once I step foot into my old home, memories come flooding back; bad ones that is. I can picture my father throwing things across the room with anger. I can picture Ezra yelling at me because I'm not tough enough.

Being back here makes me fill with anger.

"Let's all split up," I gather everyone in the living room, "I'm going to look in my father's room. Namjoon and Lia, you'll look in the kitchen."

"Yes ma'am." Lia salutes.

I turn to the rest of them, "Jimin and Taehyung, you'll look in Ezra's room. Jin and Yoongi, you'll look in the living room."

"Got it." They say in unison.

I then turn to Hoseok and Jungkook, "You two will look in my mother's room."

Jungkook's eyebrows scrunch, "I'm coming with you."

I sigh, "I just want to look around in my father's room alone if that's okay. I was never able to go in his room when I was living here."

Jungkook frowns and nods. He then walks to Hoseok's side. The latter pats his back.

"Alright," I clap my hands, "Let's get to work."

"I'm not gonna lie, this place is kinda nice." Yoongi trails his fingers against the dark wood of the coffee table. Jin rolls his eyes and places the cushions of the couch back in place, "Will you stop admiring the furniture and start looking? You heard how important this book is!"

Yoongi raises his hands up in defense, "Chill out man." He kneels down onto the wooden floor and checks under the couch.

"Find anything?" Jin asks while looking through different shelves. Yoongi shakes his head as he stands up, "Nope, just dust."

"Damn. It must not be here then." Jin places his hand on his chin, "I wonder how the others are doing."

"This is definitely not an ordinary teenage boy room." Jimin chuckles emotionless as he scans the dark blue walls of Ezra's room. He looks up at the posters of bands he doesn't know.

"Maybe he's emo?" Taehyung shrugs as he stands next to Jimin. He opens the drawers only to find clothes.

"He doesn't have a good sense of fashion." Taehyung mumbles to himself. Jimin giggles across the room, meaning he must've heard.

"Hey Tae, look at this!" Jimin holds up a small brown teddy bear with a blue bow tie. He plays around with it while laughing, "Looks like this kid has a soft side."

"You okay baby?" Namjoon asks his girlfriend. Lia snaps out of her daze and nods, "Yeah, I was just thinking." She continues to search the cabinets, only to find food.

"About what?" Namjoon checks the refrigerator, just in case the book was in there.

"How Destiny lived here." She sighs sadly, "She was abused."

Namjoon frowns, "But she escaped and found us. There's no reason to be sad." He reassures her with a dimpled smile.

Lia's lips curve up a bit, "Yeah. I made a promise to always be there for her, and that's what I'll do."