15

Destiny Hart

"We've made it to the island!" Taehyung says after bursting through the door. Jungkook and I look at each other as Taehyung runs back upstairs. Just as I'm about to follow him, Jungkook grabs my wrist.

"What about the cookies?" He says with disappointment written all over his face. I sigh and turn the oven off, "We'll just have to finish making them when we get back. Let's put it in the fridge for now. We have a job to do." I say as I grab the tray and place it in the fridge. Jungkook and I rush upstairs to the main deck. The others were looking out at the island with shock.

"This place is kinda creepy don't you think?" Hoseok taps his fingers together. I look out at the island and let out a small gasp. It looks like a dead island. The trees are dead, fog surrounds the area. The sand even has a few bones peeking out of it.

"I just got the chills." Lia shivers. Namjoon pulls her close to his side and rubs her arm, "We can't back out. Master Obi gave us this quest for a reason, he trusts us. We can't let him down."

I slam my hands against the railing, making everyone jump, "He's right, master Obi entrusted us with this job. Let's go and find that sword!"

The others wash away their fearful expressions and replace it with determination, "Yeah!" They cheer.

"The anchor is already down, everyone ready?" Jin asks, getting ready to exit the ship. We all nod and follow him onto the dry sand. I carefully step over the bones that are there. The fog causes my vision to blur a bit. We all walk into the forest in a big clump. The only sound you can hear is the sound of our footsteps.

"Anyone else got goosebumps?" Lia rubs her arms. Namjoon pulls her close to his side. Taehyung, Jin, Jimin, and Hoseok nod their heads, responding to Lia.

"Master Obi didn't say where the sword is." Jin trails off. We all stop our tracks and turn to him. He looks at us with a confused expression, "What?"

Yoongi scoffs, "How the hell are we supposed to get the sword if we don't know where it is?"

"We'll just have to find it." Namjoon shrugs and Yoongi groans. I sigh and look out into the island, "We'll have to split up then."

Everyone turns their heads towards me. I furrow my eyebrows with determination while the others raise theirs.

"Are you sure that's a good idea Des?" Jungkook asks with a worried look. I nod and point at the island, "It'll take us forever if we all look together. We should split up into groups of three since there are nine of us." I tell them. Everyone looks at each other and nod in agreement.

"So, who goes with who?" Jimin looks around. Namjoon steps next to me and places his hand on his chin, "Do you mind if I make the groups?" He asks me and I shake my head.

"Alright." He claps, "Group one will be me, Lia, and Jin."

Lia and Jin nod and stand next to Namjoon.

"Group two will be Jimin, Taehyung, and Hoseok."

The three boys smile and high five each other.

"Group three will be you guys." Namjoon points at Yoongi, Jungkook and I.

"Let's meet up by sunset. If no one finds the sword then we will search again tomorrow. It's not safe to search at night." Namjoon explains.

"Yes sir!" Taehyung salutes, making Jimin giggle. We all gather in our groups and head in opposite directions. My group walk straight ahead into the forest. It's completely silent. All you can hear is the sound of our footsteps.