31 - Hot and Bothered

En başından başla

"Yeah, Leah told me all about it. I didn't even think Jared knew Sam. He's older than us and other than being Leah's ex, we don't socialize with him."

I ran my hand over Paul's shoulder and sighed. "I'm sorry about Jared. Maybe he's just going through something right now. I'm sure he'll come to you when he's ready to talk."

He pulled me into another hug, clinging to me desperately. "Are you sure you're okay?" I asked him.

He nodded, his head still buried in the crook of my neck. "Yeah why?"

"You feel really hot," I told him, holding my hand up to his forehead. "Maybe you're getting sick."

He chuckled. "Maybe I'm just constantly hot for you," he teased before pressing a kiss to my neck. When my breathing sped up he began to suck the skin there as I squirmed.

"Paul..." I warned.

He pulled away and gazed down at me. "Sorry...you're just so irresistible."

I laughed but I saw Paul's face tense up as someone brushed up against me and I felt fingers in my hair. "Damn, Lahote. You got good taste. Where'd you find this one?"

I didn't even have a chance to respond before Paul was shoving me to the side and pinning this guy to the wall behind us. Paul had his forearm wedged firmly under his chin and as he struggled, Paul applied more pressure.

"Paul, let him go," I coaxed softly.

Paul grunted in frustration, still pinning him. "Paul! Save that shit for the ring!" Manny's voice called out from the other side of the room. When Paul didn't move, he rushed over and pulled them apart. "Knock your shit off, Xander."

Paul kept reaching for him even when Manny shoved him back. "If you wanna fight, then get some gloves on and let's go."

The guy that Manny called Xander, held his throat and shook his head. "Forget that shit. Lahote is crazy!"

Paul scoffed. "You're a fucking pussy!"

Manny turned to me with a look of concern. "Are you okay, Rachel?"

I nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine." I glanced at Paul and scowled. "That was a bit over the top, don't you think?"

Paul turned his attention from where Xander had exited the room, to me. He was still fuming. "Maybe I wouldn't have to fight every guy in here if you'd put some damn clothes on," he growled lowly.

"Paul!" Manny scolded.

I scoffed. "Wow, really?" I looked down at my outfit, my usual work out clothes, like every other girl in here. I had on spandex Capri pants and a tank top. The last few weeks hanging out here, I'd been working out and feeling pretty proud of myself, but now I just felt like shit.

I turned to Manny and shook my head. "I'm really sorry...for all the trouble. I didn't mean for this to happen."

"Oh, hon. You didn't do anything wrong. You definitely brighten up the place, but some of these boys have zero manners." Manny turned to give Paul a pointed look. Paul was still glaring at me.

"Well okay then. Manny, again I'm sorry. I need to get going."

Manny gave me a quick hug and whispered into my ear, "He's an ass. Ignore him."

I laughed and gave Paul one last glance before stalking off. I made it all the way to the front door before Paul caught up to me. He grabbed my arm and held it tightly, causing me to jerk away from him. "Leave me alone," I ordered.

He wouldn't let go of my arm, so I continued to struggle. "I'm sorry," he offered pathetically.

"Not good enough," I replied hatefully. "And you're hurting my arm."