Very Unexpected Relationship at the Wrong Time... Chapter 6

Hey guys! Hope you guys liked my story so far because I'm barely starting on the real purpose of this story and hope you guys get blown away somehow! I'm thinking more on how I'm going to continue this story slowly so I don't screw up. Comment guys to share what you think and if you have any suggestions I guess and vote please!! :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3 Weeks Later...

Today was a Friday night that meant for me a walk in the park a block away from my house. I did this every Friday because I needed some peace from school and friends for awhile. Just to think.

This became a habit of mine.

I would sit next to a tree and look up at the sky, looking at the sparkling stars scattered across the dark sky... I would bring a book or listen to some music in my iPod because sometimes I felt soft and wanted my mind to wander off by reading a book or singing songs softly to myself, but right now I was observing my surroundings.

School has been awesome somehow. Shadow and me apparently got... close somehow, like... connected in some ways, but he's still a mystery to me. We handed away our essays to Mrs. Evers and returned it to us with a smile and a good grade. I wondered what Shadow wrote about me and what he thought about my opinions that I told him the night he came to my house.

I still remember that lush smell of him and how solid he felt when he lifted me off the floor after he knocked me down and accidentally brought me to his arms to have him release me quickly.

The only thing that brought me closer to him was how open-minded he was to me and not afraid to show me how he truly feels. Well, that's what I think.

Also, we had things in common, but I still feel distant from him... Like even if he was open-minded with me, I could feel he wasn't showing me a big part of himself, something he didn't want me to find about, but I couldn't help being curious. The more I tried to get past that wall the more he resisted, now he was being cautious with me. So I decided to stop pushing it... for now anyways. I know it was none of my business, but I couldn't hep it. 

I opened my eyes and tilted my head up to the sky, noticing the textures and the how the mood of the park made me feel safe and cozy with the sound of the crickets chirping in the background. My back was to a tree, the same tree I always sit next to, the rough wood pressing up against my tan wool sweater. I probably been here for over an hour now, not bothering to check my Blackberry for the time.

Apparently I had my energy focused on Shadow that I decided to got through how Shadow acted with me and what I thought of him. The part of me describing him was still undecided, I had to know him better before I made my mind of him.

Suddenly, my phone started vibrating in the front pocket of my jeans meaning I had just received a new text message. I grabbed it from my jeans and checked out the text. It was from Ruby.

It read,"Dude there is gonna be a CAMPFIRE PARTAY  2morrow!! Call me to giv u the 411 on the partay!! ;D" 

Great, Ruby will probably drag me to the party and make me make sweet talk with some guys I don't even know. Notice the sarcasm there.

I checked the time, it was 8:39 P.M. I should probably head back, but I didn't want to. Anyway, I was curious of this 'CAMPFIRE PARTAY' that Ruby put out.

With a sigh, I reluctantly got off the tree, dusted the back of my jeans, and slowly walked out the park toward home, taking my time with enjoying the quiet neighborhood.

I suddenly heard a loud crack behind me and I swiftly turned around to only find darkness behind me and the streetlights on the park. The sound made an echo around me since everything was so quiet. It was probably a squirrel, but even if it was that I walked a little faster toward home.

As I moved away from the shadows that the trees was casting I didn't notice the dark silhouette of a man hiding in the shadows, watching my every moment...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It took me at least 10 minutes to get home. Ha! I told you I was taking my time!

I took a last look at the quiet neighborhood behind me and headed inside. I smelled coffee in my room as I entered and found a mug of coffee in my desk with a ham sandwich with lettuce and cheese wrapped in a paper towel beside it. A note was beside my snack. It read, "Just a little snack for your staying at the park  for over an hour, enjoy!" It was from my mom. 

I smiled and plopped in my bed beside my desk and took a bite of of my sandwich with a sip of my coffee after that. After a few bites I decided to call Ruby for the 411 in the party and to get it over with.

I had her in speed-dial because I felt too lazy to type in her whole number and also we talked a lot.

She answered in the first ring, answering with a yell that almost made my ear fall off.

"FINALLY YOU CALLED! So do you want to hear the 411 on this party?" I cringed away from her so- called greeting.

"Yeah sure, but please DO NOT yell like that again or my eardrum is going to burst open!!" I answered back with annoyance.

"Sorry 'bout that. It's just that I'm excited for this party and especially that it's a CAMPFIRE, which means telling stories, cuddling with hot guys next to the campfire, some booze, and partying it up!!" She shrieked in excitement.

"Um, no, you are not drinking in this party! Remember the last time you drinked at a party!? I could draw you a picture of it, but it won't be pretty. I guarantee that!" I scolded her as I  remembered last year at how wasted she got.

"Oh ok, but the rest I'm doing! So let me talk and give you the scoop on this. So the part is tomorrow and you know Kayla, yeah well she came up with the party and invited the whole school to it. Who knew that bitch could spread some love toward the whole school?! Anyway, we can bring friends and the campfire will start at 5:00 and end whenever!  There would be drinks too.  I hope the guys don't bring booze because who knows what can happen, music will be played, a lot of food, bring blankets to get cozy next to the campfire, and a just having a good time under the moonlight and oh yeah dancing! Pretty sweet, huh?" She was really excited for this party.

I yawned and said," Yeah, it doesn't sound like a hook-up party or I won't be going at all. So are the others going?"

"Yeah. Seth was psyched about it and Jodie said she could use some distraction from school and eat some marshmallows!"she said, laughing.

I grinned. "So is that it?"

"Yeah I guess. If anything else is included I'll call you and we're all going, right?" 

I crossed my legs. "Yeah I guess. Anyway, we need some fun right now, to get away from school homework."

"Ha, you right! Wel,l goodnight my babygirl and all of us will come over to go together!"

"Thanks. Well goodnight Ruby. And Sweet Dreams!"

"Same to you doll! Bye!" She said cheerfully.

"Bye." I hit the end call button and rested it in my desk. I leaned back in my bed and put the T.V. on.

I secretly hoped that Shadow attends the party just to see him. I also hoped the campfire will end up well, with us going home with smiles and laughs. I hoped...  It has to go well why wouldn't it. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ta-da! Hoped you guys like this chapter because the follow up chapter is going to really shock you well I hope anyway. Excuse me that it's short, but bare with me here! Also I skipped 3 weeks because I needed to let time pass and set the date when she starts things about Shadow... ;) And to let them kinda communicate with each other. Does that make sense? Well Goodnight and hope you guys had a good read!! Also I may be posting some music videos to set the mood in for some chapters!

Remember to comment/vote/be a fan please?!? 

Peace! :D