October got dressed, and they made their way back to where y/n was sleeping, and Grayson changed into his own outfit while October pressed kisses onto her mama's stomach. "Done!" Grayson said, scooping her back up. October giggled as they made their way downstairs.

"Now princess," Grayson said, sitting her on the counter. "We're going to make breakfast, write mommy a note, and go get some more decorations, okay?" He asked her. October nodded, a little yawn escaping her, even though she had no idea what her daddy just said.

"Sleepy," She said quietly. Grayson sighed, picking her up and resting her on his hip. Her head rested against his shoulder, arms around his neck as she fell asleep right there in the kitchen.

---

Grayson pulled her out of her car seat, her little coat not even fully zipped up, She stirred awake as she heard the sound of Grayson's car being locked up. "Oh, I'm sorry," He said, wiping at her mouth. October blinked a few times as they walked into target, Grayson coming to a halt as soon as he saw all the decorations, right at the front.

"Look at that, princess!" Grayson almost yelled as he walked towards them. Y/N had banned any more decorations in 'her house'. Not that Grayson listened as October approached, but these last couple of days, y/n refused to let him go to the store, knowing he'd come home with bags of decorations they just didn't have room for.

"Pukin!" October yelled as she pointed at the bin of stuffed pumpkins. Grayson smiled, walking over. "Daddy, punkin!" She said as he picked one up.

"You want it?" He asked with a grin. October giggled as he handed it to her. "Alright, let's keep looking, hm?" He asked as they kept walking.

They walked through the store, Grayson picking up decorations as they went, giving some to October to hold a few in his other arm, realizing that they really should've gotten a cart.

"Punkin!" October said as the cashier scanned it through the register. He smiled at Grayson and October, bagging it for them.

"It was her first word," Grayson explained as October kept repeating the word over and over again as she looked around the store.

Grayson and his princess stopped by the grocery store too, Grayson wanting to make some cookies later and he even got some new cookie cutters, halloween themed. "Ah?" She asked, mouth open. Grayson took the container from her, opening it as he pushed the cart with his forearms.

"Here," He said, placing a piece of strawberry in her mouth, the rest in his own. She hadn't finished her strawberries earlier and so he'd cut them up and put them in a container to take. She'd carried around at Target and now she'd finally decided to eat it at the supermarket. "Ready for some more?" He asked, holding up another piece.

"S'more," She said, opening her mouth. Grayson chuckled, grabbing the icing sugar and throwing it in the cart as she chewed on the fruit. "Home?" She asked as they pulled up to the cashier. Grayson nodded and kissed her head.

"And it's not like your mama or brother is gonna be up yet so," Grayson said with a smile, bending down to kiss her forehead as they waited in line.

-----

(y/n pov)

"We're making cookies!" Grayson said as you walked into the kitchen, one hand on your stomach. You smiled, shaking your head. "What?" He asked as he handed October another cookie-cutter- ghost-shaped this time.

"This early in the morning?" You asked, heading towards the coffee machine. Grayson turned to you, hands on his hips. "What?"

"It's 11," Grayson stated. You rolled your eyes, looking over at October, now grabbing on Grayson's watch. "Don't you dare blame this on-" But you did, before he could finish his sentence.