Chapter Eighty-Three

Depuis le début

I bite my lip hard, furrowing my eyebrows. "I need to see her." I squeak out.

Doctor Wolf frowns, "I'm afraid we can't let you go in yet." He explains.

She's my wife! Of course I should be allowed to see her! 

"We have nurses taking good care of your wife. You should be able to see her in a few hours. Mia needs rest and for us to pump her stomach and-" He stops there, sighing.

"You get the picture, Mr. Jackson...I'm very sorry." Doctor Wolf walks past me. 

I spin around. "Wait! I-I need to see her!" I cry out.

Doctor Wolf turns around, "I'll be back later, Mr Jackson. You can see her then. It's very late, you know." He explains, opening the door.

Just as the door creaks open, I can already hear all the paparazzi chatting loudly.

God dammit! I wish they would just leave me alone! Leave us alone! Mia doesn't need this. She really doesn't need any of this right now but look at what I always have to bring.

The cameras. I frown.

"Michael, please sit down. You heard the doctor, it could be a few hours." Janet quietly says.

I stare at her, sighing.

I sit beside her, scooting closer to her. "I don't know what I'm going to do, Janet.." I mumble, crying on her shoulder.

Janet holds me close to her, wrapping a blanket around me. "We can only hope for the best, Michael." She whispers.

I whimper. "I should have never fought with her in the first place. I should've remembered what state she's in.." I softly cry.

Janet softly sighs. "Michael, it isn't y-"

"She's dying, Janet. Who knows.." I sniffle.

"Today could've been her last day and the last time I would've seen her was when we were fighting and shouting regrettable things..." I say.

"I should've told her I loved her. I shouldn't have been such a damn idiot!" I cry harder.

Janet shakes her head, "Stop it, Michael. You're not an idiot at all. You two are married. No marriage is perfect, Michael. You should understand that. You two may have only been together for a year but you've known each other for twenty." She softly chuckles, rubbing my back.

Twenty years and we've only now started lashing out on each other.. We used to know each other's boundaries, what ever happened to that? She was the only part of my life that I can call my childhood.

"I know you two are going to make it through all the tough times.. And don't you dare say she's dying, Michael. I know Mia is trying to make you understand that but just hearing that I can tell you don't believe it. She's not going to die on us, Mike. You two will grow old and have all these pretty children and grandchildren... You watch, it'll happen." She smirks.

I shake my head, "Mia doesn't want anymore children." I mumble.

Janet sighs, "Then enjoy and love the two you have now!" She giggles.

I smirk, "I am. I love my children, Janet." I say.

Janet smirks, "Everyone knows that, Michael... How did she get pain killers anyway?" She suddenly asks.

I slowly lift my head off of her shoulder. "She must've gotten them from me." I rub my eyes.

From me.. For my pain, my headaches.. I should be more careful where I put them.