The Story

Subaru's POV
It's been two days. Two fucking days without even as much as a glance at Rose because the girl is too scared to sleep or wakes up in mere minutes because of nightmares without Yui around, which was almost never. Almost.

"You're stressing too much." Ayato said as he sat beside me on my bed and layed down on his back.

"Shouldn't I?!" I snapped.

"Chill bro. Just trying to help you out." He muttered.

"Well, you aren't helping much." I deadpanned.

"All I'm trying to say is that you worrying your head off isn't going to motivate or help Rose to get better." He said with a sigh.

"Wouldn't you be worried if something like this happened to Yui?" I asked as I looked at him and he looked shocked.

"I know that you like her. The way you look at her makes it too obvious." I said as I looked at him with a smirk this time.

"Oh? And how would you know? No-one else seemed to find out." He sat up.

"Because I know you too well and that's how I sometimes look at Rose. There is a hint of possessiveness in your gaze." I admitted with a shrug.

"Coming back to the point from my love life, you should not stress too much. She'll be okay." Ayato said as he placed a hand on my shoulder.

I shook his hand off and stood up, walking towards the open window in my room.

'She'll be okay. Everything will be fine. It's going to be alright. I've heard that way took many times for my liking.'

"I know that me stressing is not going to get any of us anywhere but I can't help it." I turned to face him, walking a few steps towards him.

"Knowing that she is terrified of even looking at a guy doesn't help me feel better. I-I just want to see her again. I want to see her smile, the smile that makes my day better. I want to hold her and kiss her. Again. I want everything to go back to how it was." I chocked out before my knees weakened.

Ayato rushed towards and held me, helping me keep my balance. He led me to the bed and made me sit.

"It will be fine, Subaru. You are the last person that should give up hope one he fact that she won't get better. You know how Rose is. She trusts you the most and cares for you a lot. For all we know she'll even apologize to you, saying that it's her fault for not being able to get away from him." Ayato said with a scoff and I chuckled.

"Let's go see him." I said as I finally mustered the strength and got up, walking out of my room with Ayato.

Yui's POV
"Sleep for sometime. You need the rest." I whispered quietly, making sure not to make any sudden movements or loud noises.

I had just finished helping Rose take a bath and layed her down on her bed again. She whimpered slightly at the pain from her lower body. I helped her get cozy and decided that I would make her some soup to feed her something.

"I'll be back in sometime okay? I'll bring you some hot soup. It'll make you feel better." I said and looked at Rose, looking up at me with utter fear in her eyes.

"Shh... It's going to be okay. I'll be back real quick." I pressed a little.

Rose vigorously shook her head and looked at me with teary eyes. I sighed and sat down next to her, her hand shooting out immediately to hold mine tightly. I smiled softly and played with her hair for a few minutes.

"I'm right here. Go to sleep." I whispered again and she closed her eyes.

I waited for a few minutes, maybe for half an hour. Rose looked to be sleeping very peacefully. I held her hand and gently removed her grip on mine. I placed her hand on her stomach and stood up slowly, walking out of the room.