"These boys don't know the first thing about cooking and don't get me started cooking for a family." She scoffed out jokingly causing me to laugh along softly.

Even if it wasn't as funny as she thought it was the first immediate thought I had was mostly a revelation. I had noticed that whenever they talked about their kids as a whole they said boys. Maybe I was reading too much into it but it had made me wonder were they still not over the fact she was intersex? She identified and is a female she just didn't have the same anatomy. Pretty easy concept for me, but was it still not for them?

"Tell me about it, she cooked prebaked chicken strips for us both last thanksgiving." I went along with it anyway with a subtle correction and she chuckled to herself.

"They're always so easy when it comes to food I'm surprised they haven't turned into blimps." She reached over to grab an unpopped wine bottle.

"Anyone?" She called out and they all looked over at her mid conversation.

"Ooh yes, please, mama bear." Sophia grabbed her glass that was already set out and Y/N denied and slightly rose up her beer bottle.

"Jess?" Y/N's mom asked and Anthony looked at causing them both to shake their heads.

"What? You never pass up a time to drink." Antonio feigned shock while Isaiah and Elijah raised their hands.

"We want some! I want wine!"

"Yeah please mama."

The boys begged and she grabbed a sparkling red grape juice wine type bottle. I laughed softly knowing my sister and I did the same and she innocently winked down at me catching my laugh. She poured them a glass while she poured me a real wine glass. I smiled in return and thanked her while she clapped her hands.

"Alright, shut up!" She yelled then lightly laughed when they all stopped talking.

We all looked up at her and she smiled to herself while I noticed her husband drink his fourth beer of the night.

"So! For all the ones that are new here..." She then spoke causing them to all look at me and I started to feel hot in my seat.

I breathed out a laugh and wet my lips nervously while Y/N chuckled softly with the rest of them.

"...we go around and say what we're thankful for this year instead of praying. We're not that religious, I suppose." She basically told me only and I nodded as I felt my anxiety peek out a little.

I didn't wanna fucking speak out right now, I wanted to eat-

She then sat down and cutely smiled at all of us here, "You wanna start us out?" She asked me and I cleared my throat with a nod.

"Sure."

No, I DO NOT STOP THIS-

"Uh, I'm thankful for... being here, honestly, I'm from Miami and it gets crazy down there but being here beats that." I joked and they chuckled at me, "But uh yeah, I'm grateful for meeting new family and getting to know where your oh so beautiful daughter came from. Shoot, I'm thankful she didn't come out like Anthony." I joked again and he smacked his lips while their mom laughed at the punchline.

The dad... got kinda tense when the word daughter left my lips and I just wanted to keep my eyes on him.

"Your turn." I playfully said to Y/N's mom and she giggled at my need to quickly get the attention off of me.

Y/N soothes me down as she caressed the back of my neck again and my heartbeat slowed down a bit.

"I am so thankful for all of y'all here, especially my baby grandson. Damnit, so damn cute." She shortly spoke and looked right over at her husband.