- 64 -

"Ay mama come on now." I laughed as she held onto my shirt tightly all the while I hugged her with the same grip.

"Can't you two just stay?" She sighed against my shoulder before rubbing my back softly.

"We wish we could, really, I think I've fallen in love with Miami." Y/NN came up to us with light footsteps and my mom looked at her from my shoulder.

"Good." She smiled and I knew that meant she wanted her to come back, "Now come here." She ushered her into a hug that I was still connected to causing my lover to laugh softly.

"Oh I wish you could stay here forever." My mom sighed deeply into our hug and I let my girlfriend get in a bit closer.

She squeezed us just a bit tighter and rubbed my mom's back comfortingly, "We'll most likely come to Miami for every holiday that we can leave for." She silently promised and my mom let her grin spread across her face.

"Please me safe, mija." My dad had commented as he patted Sofia's back softly.

"I'll make sure she's as safe as can be." Y/N hummed cutely and I couldn't wipe the smile off of my lips no matter hard I tried.

"I don't doubt that." My dad gave her a smile before pulling her into a hug as well.

"You guys have a good flight." He then stood tall while my little sister was busy looking off down the long busy halls of the airport.

"I'll see you soon mariposa." He kissed the top of my head and I smiled contently against his chest.

There was just something about being around my family that filled a certain void and I was really starting to feel the dread of leaving once again. But I reminded myself that I was an adult and was making up my lifestyle as I breathed each day. It was normal to leave and build something of myself so I can potentially have what my parents have. They had a family oriented heart and shared it with everyone that was near or was willing to accept. A happy home. It was a chance I could have that one day and the thought made me more excited about the future. I wanted a happy family.

_

"We really should save up some more for better seats next time, sheesh." I groaned as I tried stretching my back to hear a pop but little to no avail.

"At least you slept." Y/N yawned loudly through the terminal in which echoed right back into my ears.

"You didn't get to?" I questioned with a pout and her shoulders slouched and she shook her head, "Oh honey, I'll put you to sleep." I cooed before kissing her cheek and she chuckled with a small smirk.

"How you wanna do that?" She questioned back causing me to slightly roll my eyes at her perverted mind.

"I was thinking of a warm bath or shower and a brief back massage but since you wanna act like a teenage boy-"

"Oh woah, woah, woah, chill out." She laughed annoyingly just to wrap her arms around my waist and nuzzle her head into my neck.

"That sounds great too, I promise." She kissed my cheek softly as her hand interlocked with mine.

"Better be." I retorted playfully as we walked towards the baggage claim while noticing all of the Portland art all over the walls.

I always loved airports so lively, so many people, so many stories, I always wondered what kinda lives other people were living. How I could always switch up and be one of those people if I ever had the courage to follow through. The amount of people that were talking about flying to London or to Paris or somewhere as small yet popular as Hawaii. It was honestly fascinating to listen in and just think how easy it could be to change your life; if we didn't have the constant nagging of consequences and concern in the back of our minds. To travel the world with the person you love most. What a dream.