- 13 -

A week passed quickly a couple more dates happened a few more kisses and waves of butterflies. The weekend I stayed inside my dorm due to the immense pain my body was in. I had also found out she didn't run on the weekend since it was bad for the knees to run seventy miles a week. To top it off I was experiencing the worst cramps ever, she kept calling but I couldn't answer. I didn't want her to come over and see me like this, seeing me bare faced and drooling was one thing. But to see me with breakouts and in pain? Nah, I'd see her sometime during the week.

So Monday rolled by, I was still bleeding and in pain and she wanted to take me on a walk. But I couldn't, I prayed that she'd catch on that I was on my period. But no, she got this look on her face as if I just shot her down. It was actually the worst so I for once impulsively made a plan for the next morning. To get breakfast before my shift at nine am, and it went more than well.

I knew I couldn't have a week full of dates with her like last week since I had more assignments due. I needed to work and study, that's why I was in college not for a girl. But I couldn't help myself, I went out with her again the next day when my pain was almost non existent. We went for that small walk around the city and we talked about anything. I found out she applied for an internship somewhere in Seattle but they haven't got back to her yet.

She was a sophomore and knew what she wanted, I loved how she went after the things she wanted. I couldn't help but wonder if I was one of those things. The simple thought gave me a colossal wave of tingles and giddiness. The feeling of her fingers intertwined with mine was something I didn't think I'd get over. I really haven't met anyone who made me feel this way, she could do or be anything and it wouldn't scare me away.

The shyness was definitely still there, I could barely hold her hand without freaking out or thinking too much. Even when it was clear she liked me as much as I liked her. Like, as we walked through the city until late night we took one of our first pictures together and I flipped out inside. When I had gotten home I fucking switched that to my lock screen so fast. I felt like a normal teenager now, I finally had someone to share a screen with.

Dumb but it made my heart happy.

Thursday was filled with phone calls and studying while she was in her room as we caught up on different subjects. I remember how it rained and the one thing she knew is that I didn't like the thunder. It reminded me of when I was a kid and when storms got bad a hurricane would be coming. I didn't like that fear, even if I now lived in the middle of a forested state. It was still an irrational fear.

She then shared that she didn't like storms either since a tornado could've come down any time. Our small fears were shared and I never knew how that little thing comforted me so much. I had someone I could go to if I got too scared. So did she. She understood me and wouldn't judge me, maybe I had overreacted with the period thing. It wasn't like she didn't get them too.

So currently, today, I was begging she'd come into my work so it would be a little better. I had stayed up till almost two am trying to finish my assignments from last week. Then only realized I had a work shift today at six am which I was dreading. I didn't realize how fast time was going and now I was gonna need to depend on the coffee.

Trying to keep a smile on my face as grumpy tired students walked in and ordered. I wasn't making any coffee until Dinah comes in so I was just taking orders. I had to speak to all the customers and it was the worst. It wasn't as bad as Monday but I was still lucky I wasn't a violent person. When Austin had taken the wrong coffee to someone I was the one to pay for it.

I had already been cussed out and it wasn't even lunch time yet, I wanted to go home already. I didn't wanna be here unless I had a cute girl to look at. But hours went by and Y/N never came in for her morning coffee. My day was getting even worse as more kids were snapping that wasn't even my fault.