- 71 -

"That's so fucking stupid." Dinah scoffed and Ashlee from the back of the kitchen pressed her body against the opening.

"Seriously, the hell's her issue?" Ashlee asked as she looked at me while I made myself a coffee.

"I don't know, I feel like it's a pretty normal thing to do! I just wanna shop with my girlfriend and she thinks there's some deeper meaning. Like- dude, come on." I groaned as I finished up my coffee that I specially made.

"It's not like she has a phone right now." Dinah shrugged as she ate a fresh cookie that Ashlee had made from the morning batch.

"She's getting one today." I informed as I leaned back against the counter.

"If I was you I wouldn't send a damn thing. Make her do all the work if she's going to be an ass about it." Dinah rolled her eyes while Ashlee immediately disagreed.

"What if she just doesn't wanna do it? Like, obviously that's okay but you guys should find a common ground."

"I've been trying to do that like what other common ground is there to just buy shit we need? Like it's only been a couple nights and I already hate sleeping on the floor with this bed that we have." I complained as I looked around the very desolate coffee shop.

"You really need a couch that bad?" Ashlee snorted in disbelief for a moment, "I live in a studio apartment with a futon, please shut up." She then laughed at me causing me to bite my cheek at that.

I didn't wanna seem disrespectful to anyone else's living issues.

"Or.." I heard Austin's voice boom through the empty coffee shop as he appeared with a rag over his shoulder and a disinfectant spray in his hand.

"She's trying to drag it out due to expense." He pointed out and I remained quiet knowing the only reason we got a shower curtain was because of her brother.

"She's an intelligent woman... as am I... but a man. But have you even added everything you wanted up? A couch itself is two more months of your rent, your future bed frame is additional two to five hundred dollars, groceries, Mila! Groceries especially with the way you eat, it's gonna be well over three hundred dollars a month. Cut the girl some slack." He put his free hand on his hip and Dinah quickly chewed her food as I kept my mouth shut.

"That's rude- he called you fat." Dinah smacked her lips after swallowing her food and he shrugged.

"Plus... you don't have a car." He pointed at me while Dinah gasped again.

"And poor."

"She has a whole truck which means, insurance, maintenance, and gas are all more expensive than a car. You don't have to pay that, she does. Maybe she doesn't wanna burst your bubble of this building a life together shit and say hey, we're fucking broke." He then laughed lightly as he jumped over the counter causing Ashlee to hiss.

"Casper will kill you if you keep doing that."

"That short man won't do anything to me." He waved her off and leaned next to me, "You should suck it up and just let her brother help you guys out, you're not gonna get help anywhere else. He seems like an alright guy."

"Hailee loves him as a teacher!" Ashlee threw out and I sighed to myself as I looked up to the ceiling.

"Okay, maybe." I bit my lip and heard the doorbell chime.

"Oh sweet, I was just about to say it's really dead today-"

"Austin!" We all yelled at him for saying the forbidden word and he threw his hands up in surrender.