- 40 -

School had started up again, I had to beg for my job back since Joe was definitely not happy about me missing out on work. I had been working double shifts since, well, now that I was an adult and nineteen he didn't need permission to give me more hours. I damn wished my parents were here at those times. At least the weather was still warm and perfect for me.

I could finally lay out in the park block with Y/N and still spend the rest of summer with her. I remember all of our friends had just went out to do something eventful. It was the first time I saw her do a handstand war with Willow and damn there was a lot of falling. Her laughter ringing in my ears as they casually chased each other around campus.

The same day we had all took a trip outside of the city limits and found a waterfall. I didn't know how many times my heart dropped from seeing her jump off a rock and into the water. It didn't look safe. Which thanks to the "no swimming" sign I had convinced them to find a more suitable one. That was until she grabbed my hand and made me jump with her, I remember screaming my lungs out as I felt nothing but air and a harsh sting on my ass.

I instantly had tears in my eyes at how harshly the water came into contact with my skin. I had seen her laughing then suddenly that pretty smile dropped. I yelled out in agony that made me wanna laugh and cry at the same time. It was like a funny bone... but, like, everywhere. I remember them all gasping when I hit too, that unified fear we all had. Then sudden laughter as I cried out.

Y/N held me so tightly that day I remember each curve of her body and her arms, Lord her arms. I had the biggest bruise on my ass and I couldn't move for the whole weekend. Which only had Y/N caring for my every day need or want and it had me feeling like a queen. She was so sensitive when it came to me... I loved it.

What a memory though.

"Okay! Hey! Shut up!" I clapped my hands loudly to stop Shawn from playing his guitar.

"Wha-"

"I'm trying to work on this paper that's due tomorrow, go jam somewhere else." I quickly spoke as I tried to type my essay out on my computer.

"Don't you have something else to do? Like an essay too?" I questioned as he looked at me with a small smile.

"Uh nope, I already turned it in last night." He then played with another funky chord and I sighed looking at my paper that was half done.

"It's due by midnight." I whispered and and I wanted to press my face into the laptop and close it hoping it would kill me.

"Tomorrow night, you'll be fine, Camila." He softly spoke from his side of the room and I looked down at the time.

"It's nine, already?!" I gasped and he hummed as he played his guitar again.

"Yeah-"

"I have to go!" I gasped as I quickly closed my laptop and slipped on my shoes.

"Hot date?" He suddenly asked and I nodded.

"Actually, yes, I was supposed to meet Y/N at the park blocks ten minutes ago." I sighed deeply and grabbed my phone as he gave me a tight smile.

So, I paused knowing he was keeping himself from saying something. He wasn't off the hook yet to say whatever he pleased, his best friend card was revoked the minute I heard what happened.

"What?" I crossed my arms and he just sighed.

"I mean she'd understand if you took a rain check for an essay you have to do." He shrugged as he fiddled with his guitar nervously, "I'm not being a jealous me, I'm just trying to help you out- she would want you to put school first."