- 60 -

"Dude we have to literally be back in twenty minutes!" Sandra yelped at her sister Marielle and I sat down on the curb with a stressed sigh.

"Why did you two do this?" I sighed and I looked at my girlfriend who was awkwardly looking around the houses.

"I'm sure we'll be fine, let's just keep walking back? We're not gonna get any closer by just standing here worrying." She chuckled and nervously scratched the back of her head.

My childhood friends had decided that they would take us out on a small stroll before dinner time. Show Y/NN around the neighborhood and share some stories about our lives. Just to get closer and to get to know her more. Well... no one realized how far we got until we noticed a certain street and how the sun started to set. The two sisters immediately started to bicker leaving us wondering how'd we get back in time; we also knew if we called someone we'd all get yelled at and no one wanted that stress right now.

"We're adults! Who gives a fuck!" Marielle scoffed and I looked up at her with wide eyes.

"You wanna say that in front of the table?" I questioned and she went mute causing Y/N to laugh a bit.

"We can order a Lyft or something?" She questioned as we sat at one of the neighborhood parks.

"We're close enough I don't want them thinking we're lazy." Sandra mumbled into her hands and Y/N breathed in deep before looking at her watch.

"So..." She crossed her arms and I looked up at her with my heart thumping against my chest, "We gonna do something about it? Let's go."

I smirked to myself as I stood back up and I looked at the girls who were now sitting on the curb as well.

"My legs hurt." Sandra pouted and I rolled my eyes heavily.

"What do you wanna do?!" I raised my voice and looked around the neighborhood, "It's Christmas Eve! Get the hell up!"

"What if I just text Tommy?" Marielle questioned and Y/N looked at me with a certain expression.

She was getting annoyed and it wasn't just her I was quite frustrated as well- neither of the sisters were listening. Y/N then nodded as the two girls conversed about it and walked straight to the park. I watched her climb up the stairs and I looked at my friends, "You two figure it out, yeah?" I patted Sandra's back and walked to where my girlfriend was.

I climbed the stairs of the dimly lit park and found my girlfriend sitting right next to the opening of the tallest slide. I cocked my head at her with a smile on my lips causing her to look up at me. She reciprocated the gesture and patted her lap for me to sit on it. I graciously made the move and she put her hand on my back for support.

"You okay?" I questioned her as my nose nudged her cheek and she nodded.

"Yeah." She dragged out with a cute smile and I hummed with my eyebrow up, "I'm hungry as hell."

"You got another hour or so before we all sit down." I informed her and she let her head fall back against the metal bars.

"Shit." Her eyes popped back open and I frowned, "Do I smell?" She quickly asked me and I chuckled deeply.

"What are you talking about?"

"Do I stink, Camila?" Her worried gaze progressed into panic and I laughed loudly.