- 65 -

"One chai for Tie!" I yelled out then smirked when Austin cackled to himself.

"That's nice, it rhymed." He childishly snickered and I shook my head while a man in his early twenties came up to grab this freshly made drink.

I turned my head to look at the clock next to our large wooden menu and sighed to myself. I wiped the light sheen of sweat that was appearing on my forehead and Dinah nudged me as she opened the register. When I turned to her I looked at the order that she printed the tag for and I sighed very lightly so the customer she just helped wouldn't get offended.

"Thank you, one mocha frappe with a double espresso shot for Ashley." Dinah made sure she repeated it for me and I just got into making it for the woman.

I was completely out of it, the entire day I was just so worried I'd miss the hour I had to leave for some reason. I mean I know I'd never miss the opportunity to leave a little early but it was for an important occasion this time. Y/N was even passing up overtime at the shop for the appointment we had around two pm. I had gone over what I was going to do since last night, all the steps were repeating over and over in my head. Once it reached about one pm I'd clock out then quickly run across the street to head to my dorm that I still shared with Shawn. I needed some more clothes and the clothes I had at Y/N's place were all dirty which meant I couldn't meet her at her place right away which is why I would have to leave a lot earlier than planned. I'd quickly get dressed and then do my best to avoid conversation with Shawn knowing I didn't wanna bring up moving into an entirely different apartment building.

It was none of his business but I really didn't want any conflict today and I was already stressed to the max. I also had three assignments due by midnight and it was absolutely freezing outside to make everything worse. Once I completely avoid Shawn then I'd run down the street to meet Y/N at her truck since she had to change clothes herself. I was hoping everything would go smoothly... but I couldn't predict people and their hankering of a coffee or a tea. Let alone stop Shawn from trying to start a lengthy conversation I didn't have time for.

"Ow fuck!" I hissed once I felt the hot espresso pour over the single shot glass and over my fingers.

I quickly washed it out with the nozzle next to the machine and the woman stared at me expectedly. I refrained myself from rolling my eyes and apologized profusely and restarted the espresso machine. I put my head down with a small shake of it as I tried pulling myself out of the haze I was in but it just didn't work. All the pep talks and all the coffee I already drank wouldn't help I was just completely distracted.

"Wake up princess, come on let's gooo." Austin nudged me from behind as he tried to make the atmosphere light.

The woman looked away and it was almost the same as rolling her eyes and it just stressed me out even more. I knew I wouldn't get a complaint but by the way today was going in my head I felt like any little mess up would result in that. I breathed in deep knowing my anxiety was getting the best of me and I knew if Y/N was by my side she'd shake me until I realized I was being crazy.

I quickly made the dumb mocha with the right double shot glass and very lightly passed it to her with a tight lipped smile, "Sorry about that again, have a good day." I tried being polite the best I could and she didn't say anything and took the drink just to walk off.

Luckily there was no other orders and customers were already sitting with their orders or studying. I breathed in deep and groaned not caring if the woman had heard then. I started to walk past Dinah to take a small break and she leaned against the counter as she looked me over.

"What's up with you?" She asked and I turned to her as if she was crazy.

I only told her about a hundred times, "I have to meet the landlord lady with Y/N today." I huffed feeling as if she just never listened to me and she raised her eyebrows.