Allery's Conviction

Começar do início

"We will see what is to come Allery. Who is the new host?"

"Aha, that you will have to find out for yourself." He winks.

A guard walks into the room and whispers to Harold. He nods then looks to me smiling.

"Very well, it is time for your judgment Allery, I have the "common folk" as you call them, ready to take you at the front gates. I hope they give you what you deserve, the palace Mage's will chain you and gag you then drain your magic circuits so you can't play anymore of your tricks. I did suggest skinning you alive, I heard from a little bird that skinning a mage destroys their magic circuits." I snicker at him and his mouth twitches slightly in a half snarl. "Looking forward to killing you once more on the battlefield."

I salute him and throw up a Brianna style cuss then walk out the door signaling the guards.

"You will be mine! And everything you love will die!" He shouts from his cell as I walk away.

———————————-

After Allery was given up to the people of Emeriss, Brianna and I have decided a meeting was way overdue, considering our last one was, well, intense and unproductive. So we have gathered our council, Gogo, Kit, Jed, Revish, Harold, Grim, and Brennen. Our meeting takes place in the gardens. Brianna wanted a place she could hear the rain and feel more relaxed.

We sit in more of a lounge setting as servants deliver us trays of tea and biscuits. Bri sits ups straight smiling her usual attractive smile and begins the meeting.

"It is so good to see everyone, I'm glad we can talk in a more open setting without taint involved. I want to thank a few people first before we start. Harold and Grim, if it weren't for you two the demon would have...killed me. You both hold a piece of my heart and always will, I will never forget what you did for me. As for everyone else you each have proven yourselves time and time again, I am lucky to have all of you. Please don't ever forget that."

Everyone in the room smiles proudly.

"I want this gathering to be nothing like a meeting. I want it to be more of a social gathering where we can talk freely. So for the next hour I am not a queen, I am just a simple country girl." She winks at me.

Everyone laughs.

"You can't change who you are Bri, you will always be my mouthy little warrior." Jed says.

Bri grins at him." You got that right. I would like someone else to lead the conversation, I am here to listen not command. I want to know your thoughts and ideas on what is to come. We have quite the list of adventures to finish." She glances at Kit and he smiles back at her.

I am still not sure about the two, Kit has never gone against me and taken a chance with any of my women before. But Bri is different, and hell, I would try if I were him. I guess I'll be keeping a closer eye on him.

Kit speaks up first. "Speaking of the list, Bri and I have added yet another task to it. I think once we have returned to Ashura we can devise a plan. But it is said there is another dragon's heart just outside of Lesteros." Everyone gasps including myself. "Yeah...I know...but can you imagine another dragon in our ranks? Not only is this dragon powerful it is Andai's mate."

My mouth drops. What are the chances of that?

"Where is the stone?" I ask.

Kit looks at me. "The mountain in Lesteros called Arrows Peak, it holds the stone deep inside a glacier. I think Andai can get it out with his arcane fire. My concern isn't how we get it it, it's who will possess it?"