She Will Be Mine

I get her to her room and lay her on the bed just like the night before. Our healer was already there setting out crystals and bowls of mana infused water. She pushes me aside and gets to work by first removing her gown.

She pauses.
"Please Roan, give us a few minutes I will call for you when she is settled."

"Thank you Vash." I reply, and leave the room.

I lean against the door outside waiting, replaying what happened in my head. It's one thing to summon a wolf or horse, but to summon a legendary beast on your first attempt is frightening. That spell needed at least five mages working together to be successful and Brianna did it all on her own. My thoughts are interrupted.

"Roan! Is she settled?" Tine and Tess ask rushing towards me.

"Vash is settling her." I reply.

".....Tine! Tess! I need your help!" Vash calls from inside.

They look at each other concerned, and hurry through the closed door. I peek into the room to see Brianna levitation off the bed convulsing as Vash waves her hands over her chanting.

Tine turns to me closing the door further, "It's best you stay outside Roan." Then she shuts the door. My heart aches for her, I lean against the door again and slide down it sitting with my head in my hands. She is everything to me now, all I have ever wanted, I need her more than I need to breath, I will spend my every waking moment living for her, protecting her, and loving her for eternity.