Oh Knight of Slumber

I scramble to my feet only to watch that smart mouthed woman, who has once again outwitted me, galloping away on my horse. "How is it possible that I can be outsmarted by a thief?." I have never witnessed a woman that quick footed and I am determined to find her no matter what, however long it takes. I carry on down the dirt path jogging it seems like an endless road leading further into the glen.

It has been nearly an hour of jogging and I have found nothing. With daylight fading, I was just about to give up when a man in a carriage rolls by looking at me strangely. He stops.

"Excuse me Knight! Are you in need of a ride back to the castle?." He asks.

"No, I'm looking for a girl, she's wearing all black. She carries a sword on her back and she has stolen my horse! Have you seen anyone like that?"

He smiles at me. "I'm not sure about the girl but I did see a black horse tied up at Hilda's place just around that bend there, that would be a great place to start."

That has to be her. "Thank you sir! A reward for your help." I toss him a small bag of gold.

"Thank you knight of Lesterose!" He salutes me then picks up his reins and we go our separate ways. I carry on jogging down the road until I can hear the clanking of pots and pans and children playing. I round the bend and find a small wooden cabin with three children outside playing ball. I search for my horse but find only small cattle roaming around.
"Damn." I curse under my breath. The children stop and look at me. Their eyes go wide and the youngest boy runs over to me.

"You're a knight! Wow! Can I see your sword?" He giggles.

I laugh and pat his head.

"I'm sorry little man but I am in a hurry and need your help. Have you seen a girl on a black horse with a sword on her back?" I ask.

"Yes! That's Brianna! But she went home already." He replies.

I've never heard of a Brianna here in the realm before.
"Where does she live, young man?"

"Just over there by the river!" He points down a small pathway to the left.

"Thank you young man you've been a great help! You should get inside now it's getting late, it's not safe at night."

"Yes sir!" He says and holds his fist to his chest. I do the same then make my way further into the forest to Brianna's house.

It was ten minutes into thick forest before I stumbled across the river. It was smaller with a slow flow and long golden grass that lined the edges. The trees seemed to open up around the area with vast fields that rolled over the hills into the snow peaked mountains. To my left I see a large well kept house. Beside the house is a garden area that was flourishing with fruits and vegetables. There were flowers of all sorts spilling out over the fences and the porch leading to the front door. If this was Brianna's house, she sure knew how to keep a good homestead.

I scan the area for movement, but only see chickens clucking and pecking at the ground. I walk closer to the house and hear the whinnie of a horse coming from around the back.

"Shhh midnight." Says a soft female voice

"Brianna," I whisper and unsheathe my sword, she won't be getting away this time.

As I approach the house I hear the clip clop of hooves coming around the side to the right. I stand waiting for her with my sword in both hands. But the woman who comes around the corner is nothing like what I had expected.

She is no longer wearing her hood and scarf or the black garments, instead she is barely clothed wearing a white Lace slip. She comes around the corner of the house, unaware of my presence. The sunlight casting a golden halo around her body, seeping through the white silky lace silhouetting all of her curves. Then a low breeze picks up, blowing her blonde hair around like waves of vibrant beauty. The bottom of her dress lifts exposing her thighs and her undergarments and I nearly dropped my sword at the sight of her beauty. Shenstwres at me in shock.