The element: Water

I storm through the halls of the ship, making my way out to the upper deck and up to the bow. I look out to the ocean, feeling it's misty breeze. I breathe the air in deep, letting it calm my heart.

This world is so full of deception and lies. What have I done to deserve so much hurt, so much pain? From the day my father died, my life has been spiraling down slowly breaking apart piece by piece until there is nothing left but dust. I'm tired, tired of being pushed and forced into things. I'm tired of being lied to and tricked into loving so deeply. It's not supposed to be like this, everyone wants something from me, why is it they can't just want me? What is wrong with just me? I break down, not being able to bear the weight of such a heavy hurt. My knees buckle and I fall to the deck leaning against the railing. I start to remember my father's words.

"Strength does not come from winning, your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength."

I take my stone and hold it up to my lips. I kiss it and whisper. "I won't surrender, not without a damn good fight!" With those words I have fully accepted who I am, I am a mage of all the realms, I am a summoner of beasts, I am the ruler of Lesteros, I will bend the knee to no one, I will fight, not for them, but for all those who they try to control, for all those who can't fight. I will be stronger, faster, and wiser than any of them. I will start with the stone taking it into myself and summon the most powerful beast the world has ever seen then I will claim my throne.

"Thank you father." I whisper.

I gather my wits and stand, then walk to the open area of the bow. I look around at the sky, it was clear aside from some grey clouds off in the distance. There was no land in sight, just ocean all around. The water was calm with little capsizing waves, sparkling along the landscape like diamonds. As I watch the waves I begin to remember the last mage I fought. Felicia, I picture the way she manipulated water and used it on me and wonder if my book has something similar.

I decide to start mage training myself, I don't need anyone. I am determined to learn it and use it better than anyone. I sit on my knees in the middle of the deck and place my palms up then close my eyes. I begin to draw mana and call my book to me. It appears in front of me with a bolt of power as it floats in the air and I call forth a spell to control the elements and water. The book flips through pages again and stops, I am now able to use the book without even reading it. I connect my mind to it and open it using the stones mana draw. I begin to chant rising up onto my feet. I keep my hands raised palms up and hold them out in front of me.

"The source of life
Water be my light
Let its tides take control
Let its power be told."

Water forms in both of my hands as the ocean starts to swell. I repeat the incantation again and the liquid in my hands grows. I move it around, manipulating it, creating waves rolling over itself. I move into a lunge stance and bring my hands up, one in front, the other behind me with balls of water rolling in my hands. I repeat the words again, bits of the sea rise up into the air around the ship as my power is draws from it.

"The source of life
Water be my light
Let its tides take control
Let its power be told."

I push my hands forward controlling the water around me and Combine slow combat combinations with the water's flow. I take smooth slow steps forward mimicking the flow of water with strikes, as water envelopes my hands. I paint with it creating a liquid canvas around me and pick up my pace. With each movement I draw more power. I can feel the ocean start to rise as if it had its own tide. I push harder, I can do more. I pick up my pace moving the water around me as the air fills with orbs of ocean rising into the sky. The ship becomes still. I hear nothing but the sounds of water splashing and waves crashing. Except for a whisper.