Her new council

I run my hand along the smooth white stone surface. It's pores grazing the tips of my fingers as I guide them over the curved arches of it's armrest. This is mine now, a symbol of my monarchy. I turn and gently place myself in it's seat, feeling the cool sleek rock underneath me. I grip the edge of the arms and lean back gazing upon my newly conquered kingdom.

Emeriss, the Emerald City with its aqua blue shore lines, tropical heats and salt licked deserts. This palace is the first of six I will command. As my visions become a reality, I look to my council who has now gathered in front of me discussing what to do with my dragon and my ruling.

"What the hell do dragons even eat? Where will it sleep?" Kit asks.

"People, animals, and other things. I'm not entirely sure, it can sleep outside...I guess.. I don't know." Vance answers.

"What do we do with the realm now?" My father asks.

Revish has joined us, perched beside me on the top of my throne in raven form. He whispers to me.

"Andai will do as he pleases, don't worry about him. But you, I think you should get some rest my queen, we can talk about the rebels when you wake."

"Andai may do what he needs to do. And you're right though, it has been a long night." I reply with a yawn.

"You will need to speak to Andai. But rest first. Ruling a realm is not easy." He replies.

After King Galen and Ryker were slain, a good portion of civilians scattered out of the arena in fear. There was no stopping them, and all who were left behind were forced to bow to me. Which they did without any resistance. But this isn't the way I wanted it to be. Kneeling before me in fear is not what ruling is about. I need to earn their trust, earn their hearts. They should follow me because they love me, or betrayal will come too easy and all of this will be for nothing. But how am I supposed to do that now?

"We need to get to Ashura as soon as possible!" Vance says. "My father will need to assign someone for the throne and..."

I stare at Vance as he speaks, he still thinks his father is a king, I wonder what his plans are for me and what he truly wants. Anger is rising inside me, how could he speak such things?, I didn't come this far to be overthrown. His place is by MY side not the other way around!

"Stop right there Vance! Your father will not be assigning anyone to this throne! He will do as I tell him or he will be ruling his realm from the pit of a dragon's stomach!" I snap. He turns to look at me as the color fades from his cheeks and I immediately regret my tone and words . What has gotten into me?

Everyone pauses and stares at me. Even though I regret my words, I cannot change them and backing down now will show a weakness I am not willing to unveil. Seraphis is no longer a king and he must prove his worth to me. If he can, I may let him rule once again but only under my decree.

"Bri, I-I didn't mean it like that...you're right this is your kingdom now. But my father knows how to rule and he can guide you. Let him help you." He replies and kneels before me, taking my hand in his.

"Vance, your father WILL bow to me, he can guide me all he wants, but in the end he belongs to me." I lean forward making him look into my eyes. "and so does Ashura."

He winces and swallows nervously, evading my glare as he lowers his eyes to the hand he holds.
"I know." He replies, but he is avoiding eye contact, something he seems to do when he is unsure or hiding something.

I remove my hand from his and stand. He looks up at me as if I had insulted him somehow and I draw my eyes to the rest of my awkwardly silent council, as they dodge my stare.