Leviathan

We watch as the mist floats in, making the air thick and salty. The clicking and grating noise is getting closer and the ocean begins to swell. A storm was forming above us with deep black clouds that spill rain and lightning above us. Thunder sounds, everyone on our ship jumps and gasps.

Brianna catches my eyes, we stare at each other, searching for common understanding of what was going on. She nods at me and places a hand over her stone.

I turn to the Corcoran captain. She is barking new orders at her crew.

"Get back to the ships! Sound the horns! We set sail now! FAST!" She commands.

I grab her arm and pull her back. She holds her blade to my throat in defense.

"It wouldn't be wise to fight at this time, handsome."

"I don't want to fight. But we aren't getting out of here without that beast getting to us first. You know this! We need to fight together, give me back my ship and I will guarantee our survival." I reply. She glares at me as her eyes look for truth.

"How do you expect to take on the Krakken?"

"My mage is the strongest in all the realms. She is our survival."

She looks to Brianna who has armed herself, waiting for the torrent beast.

"There is no mage in this world who can take on a beast like this. Trust me I know!" She argues.

"Yes but she is no ordinary mage! She is Brianna, Queen of the Realms, summoner of legendary beasts, she has single handedly defeated the Black Fang Bandits, and has taken a dragon's heart into her power. We may be able to get out of this alive! But we have to work together."

Just then lightning hits the front of a ship to our right, then a long thick tentacle capsizes in the ocean. It's too late to run now, the Krakken is upon us now, reaching the surface. It wasn't like any beast I've seen before, it was ten times bigger than our ships, with long black tentacles filled with sharp bone like spikes on its surface. Underneath are round gelatin like suctions capable of grabbing onto anything and pulling them into the mouth of the beast. It rises up out of the ocean towering over us like a shadow in the night, clicking it's fangs at us. Its four eyes locked onto our ships as it slithers through the sea towards us.

It approaches the first ship folding it's tentacles over it, pulling it closer towards itself. It takes bites off the front of the bow, then crushes the ship into bits of wood and debris within seconds. It continues to devour the ship and it's crew until there is nothing left.

We need to stop this, but how?

Brianna runs to my side.
"We need barriers up now!" She snaps at both of us.

I look to the Corcoran captain who challenges me and reluctantly she nods.
"God damnit!" She curses.

"Pasha! Denay! Get back on the ship we need barriers NOW!" She yells.

They nod and rush back onto each of their ships and begin their spells. Brianna turns and walks to the end of our ship and starts her barrier spell. I can feel her mana draw, it is even more intense than before. Everyone on the ship stops to look at her. Standing on the bow, wind blowing her soft blonde hair, lightning strikes in front of her and waves splash against the ship spilling water on her. But that doesn't phase her, she raises a hand and it explodes with power. With Brianna doing what she does best I set my eyes on our enemy.

I look to the right, the Krakken was close, taking out another ship. We stand no chance against that thing. It was at that point I began to doubt our survival. There is no way we can beat this monster, not without an enormous amounts of power...and even then... It was doubtful.